Main Menu

UK Illustration Championship 2019

Started by Bolt-01, 25 November, 2019, 01:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Hi everyone, and allow me a moment of self-indulgence as I promote the UK Illustration Championship for 2019.

It is taking place this weekend (29/11 – 1/12) down in that there London.
Link to event Homepage inc tickets

Why am I telling you this? My eldest son 'GingerDan Illustration' is one of the 32 artists selected to compete in the opening round. I'm sure a few of you round here will remember him from all the times he was at gigs with me.

Insanely proud that he's gotten this opportunity and if all goes well, it will be a hell of a weekend!

If any of you are at this event, please get in touch as I don't get down the 'big smoke' that often.

Colin YNWA

That's particularly cool. Well done Minibolt (that is mini right?). Must be very very exciting.

More importantly how long before we can push for 'Thrill making' to become an Olympic sport?

Bolt-01

Cheers Colin - He was indeed Minibolt back in the day, and as far as I'm concerned all thrill making is an Olympic sport!

low down dirty drokker

Is this really such a thing ??
I know we live in a free society, but such events should be frowned upon.
There is a whole talent pool to " draw " upon for these type of events, maybe we should leave it up too the professionals,after all they haven't done so bad, so far.
Keep on Drokking...

Dog Deever

Quote from: low down dirty drokker on 16 June, 2021, 04:40:49 PM
I know we live in a free society, but such events should be frowned upon.

Sez who, exactly?
Isn't it up to the individual what they will or won't frown upon?
Particularly in 'a free society'...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.