Main Menu

Web site hosting.

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 05 September, 2020, 04:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

A quick question. If you were going to build a website to sell things and spotlight your talents who would you buy from? Are the big two Squarespace or Godaddy  any good or would you recommend some other company?

Funt Solo

Etsy or Ebay, if it's for selling things.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Doctor Alt 8

If it was just selling the odd item I would agree with you. However I am enquiringly for Adrian who is looking into setting up a site to showcase his work & abilities. ( He has a BA in photography ) etc.  As well as selling some things ...

Funt Solo

I've been using webnode, mainly because of ease of set-up. And, at the level I'm using it, it's free. I've no idea how or if it integrates with any kind of e-commerce aspect.

But - I know next to nothing about commercial web applications, so don't pay my one knee-jerk idea too much heed.

You might research: https://www.ecommerceceo.com/ecommerce-platforms/
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Doctor Alt 8

Great . Thanks. Currently Square space WILL do everything Adrian wants... but at a cost of £30 per month... that's too much even if I could contribute (Which I can't because my application for careers allowance got refused again... but that's a separate issue.)

Funt Solo

I suppose you could display stuff on one web site (a free hosting service such as webnode or any other) and sell it another platform that only takes a cut when you sell stuff (like Etsy).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Thanks for sharing but I will rather invest in the company the build the Titanic
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Broodblik - please do not respond to the spam. It makes your posts look 'odd' once the offending post is removed.