Main Menu

Dredd show-runner or not

Started by broodblik, 05 October, 2020, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

This topic has been mentioned, talked about slightly being debated about but: do Dredd need a show-runner?  I personally do not mind the multiple writers contributing towards the strip. I like the different perspectives and different story-lines.

When Wagner was the writer off Dredd there was no need for someone to decide the direction of the strip, Wagner was in control and did his thing.  We all know that Wagner is not going to do Dredd forever. I cannot remember year that the prog did not have a Dredd strip written by Wagner. Whom can fill his boots?
So, the question show-runner or not and whom can take this forward?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

I think Cyber-Matt more or less does this, along with everything else!
I personally like the different takes on Dredd and his world, with different writers doing different things in different corners of The Big W's sandbox.
DDT did a job on me

AlexF

Agree! I think as long as ThargSmith keeps up the job of telling writers to be aware of major plot and character developments, the beauty of Dredd is that writers and artists can really run with crazy ideas. Showrunning is not very punk, and Smith's 2000AD does still have that punk energy going on.

wedgeski

I'm assuming this will be a 10-or-so episode run, as is becoming the norm, and I expect all the scripts will be in place before anything is shot. I don't think it will be a challenge to maintain a consistent direction on the show.

I don't suppose we have any information on where the show sits in continuity or canon?

sheridan

Quote from: wedgeski on 07 October, 2020, 09:26:33 AM
I'm assuming this will be a 10-or-so episode run, as is becoming the norm, and I expect all the scripts will be in place before anything is shot. I don't think it will be a challenge to maintain a consistent direction on the show.

I don't suppose we have any information on where the show sits in continuity or canon?

The thread is about the Judge Dredd strip running in the weekly (and monthly) not the Judge Dredd: Mega-City One series.

wedgeski

Quote from: sheridan on 07 October, 2020, 10:09:31 AM
Quote from: wedgeski on 07 October, 2020, 09:26:33 AM

The thread is about the Judge Dredd strip running in the weekly (and monthly) not the Judge Dredd: Mega-City One series.
Oops.