Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bought 2310 in Forbidden Planet yesterday. They had no 2311s, and tonnes of Christmas progs.

Not Rebellion's fault.
Lock up your spoons!

Southstreeter

After e-mailing the subs office, their response is basically that if we don't receive anything by Friday, then you should contact them henceforth in order to for any and all replacements to be sent in the post and in your hands by Christmas weekend(-ish).
[/quote]

Yesterday and today were strike days so I doubt anyone will have got anything by today. May wait till Monday.

(Ok that was meant to be a quote from up thread but you know what I mean!)

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Southstreeter on 15 December, 2022, 04:27:39 PM

After e-mailing the subs office, their response is basically that if we don't receive anything by Friday, then you should contact them henceforth in order to for any and all replacements to be sent in the post and in your hands by Christmas weekend(-ish).

Yesterday and today were strike days so I doubt anyone will have got anything by today. May wait till Monday.

(Ok that was meant to be a quote from up thread but you know what I mean!)
[/quote]

Well, that's what they said not me!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Barrington Boots

Post has come and gone this morning, no Progs, not really surprised.
I wouldn't say it's worth contacting the subs guys today: we subscribers are all in the same boat so they've obviously all been held up somewhere and presumably will turn up at some point. Once the bulk of people here start getting theirs I'd give it a day or two if nothing arrives and then get in touch with them about a possible replacement.

The strikes are 100% not Rebellion's fault and I'm fully supportive of what postal workers are having to do - although I can't ignore the fact that prog delivery has been shoddy and random all year when other periodicals don't seem to suffer in the same way.. Regardless, I'm ready for a big dose of thrill power when all of these finally drop.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 December, 2022, 09:19:16 AM
Post has come and gone this morning, no Progs, not really surprised.
I wouldn't say it's worth contacting the subs guys today: we subscribers are all in the same boat so they've obviously all been held up somewhere and presumably will turn up at some point. Once the bulk of people here start getting theirs I'd give it a day or two if nothing arrives and then get in touch with them about a possible replacement.

This is were I'm at, doubt very much anything will arrive today, but don't fancy harassing the subs folks as its all seems to be too widespread to be anything about me missing Progs. I also doubt if we did get replacements dispatched today whether they'd arrive any better. I guess the fear is they 'sell out' of replacement stock?

Assuming they don't arrive I will miss my reading of the X-Mas Prog on X-Mas Day, but could always read my digital copies... won't be quite the same, but its fantastic the option is there.

A bit of me is tempted to source elsewhere and assuming they and my original subs copies arrive safely at some point pass any dups onto folks who've struggled to get them... in fact...

Leigh S

yeah, i should have two spares if it comes to it

Richard

My 2310 and 2311 have just arrived. Hang in there everyone!

Tomwe

2310 is here! It's a start.

Leigh S

Good stuff - at least this means they are freed from whatever basement they were trapped in!

IndigoPrime

Blimey. No post here today, alas, but here's hoping for tomorrow.

The Monarch

no post here yet either meh

moly

Seen a post van pull up and drop one parcel n my street, not sure what's going on as waiting on 3 progs and 9 parcels now and Royal Mail tracking haven't updated for a week now

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Richard on 16 December, 2022, 12:38:05 PM
My 2310 and 2311 have just arrived. Hang in there everyone!

In that case, I'll wait until Tuesday & if anything hasn't turned up by then, I'll contact the subs dept. again for them to sort it all out.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

rogue69

Got my missing progs today but didn't get the x mas prog

Colin YNWA

So of course just as I order back ups things start to arrive. Prog 2311 landed... 2310+ 12 still to land... let's see what Monday brings...