Main Menu

Rebellion announces comic book specials for 2021!

Started by IndigoPrime, 10 February, 2021, 01:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

From mighty warriors fighting through way across distant lands to the high-danger streets of the future megalopolis and bonkers Halloween monster fun – there's something for everyone with the Rebellion comic book specials this year!

Rebellion is pleased to announce its roster of comic books specials for 2021, which will be available from all good newsagents and comic book stores, as well as from the 2000 AD and Treasury of British Comics webshops.

After her appearance in the Scream! & Misty Special, by popular demand the sword-swinging Black Beth is back in Black Beth and the Devils of Al-Kadesh! Written by Alec Worley (Durham Red) and drawn by DaNi (Coffin Bound), Beth is a warrior-woman born in anger and forged in rage. She and her blind aide Quido have travelled to the wicked city of Shadrivar, in search of the evil witch Anis-Amuun.

Many think that she is long dead, but a mage called Estevan believes otherwise. He charges Beth with a quest to destroy the witch, initiating a sea-spanning quest which pits Beth's curved blade against all manner of mystical creatures...and possibly Anis-Amuun herself!

The 2000 AD Sci-Fi Special is back for a fantastic collection of original Dredd-world stories, all connected to the same over-arching narrative and plotted by writers Mike Carroll (Judge Dredd) and Maura McHugh (Anderson, Psi Division). Dive into the dystopian world of Judge Dredd as he brings law to the lawless on the mean streets of Mega-City One!

And the popular 1970s comic book Monster Fun is back for Halloween 2021! Join the Treasury of British Comics' creepiest and coolest goblins, ghouls and vamps for brand new, HELL-arious comic strips in the The Monster Fun Halloween Spooktacular! Everyone's favourite monsters – including Frankie Stein, Kid Kong, Draculass, Teddy Scare, and the Hire A Horror crew – have returned, courtesy of creators including Tom Paterson, Chris Garbutt, Matt Baxter, Juni Ba and Lew Stringer! If that wasn't enough, a brand new Leopard of Lime Street tale sees Selbridge's premier superhero face off against a fantastic new foe!

Specials editor Keith Richadson said: "We've got an eclectic mix of specials this year from a whole special dedicated to swords-and-sorcery character Black Beth and a revival of Monster Fun, one of those fantastic all-ages titles from the 1970s.

"Despite the many obstacles put in our way last year, Rebellion's 2020 roster of specials were a great success. While the world strives to resolve the terrible crisis that we still find ourselves in, we've scaled back the number of specials this year – but we're keeping the quality high thanks to our roster of brilliant creators."

Colin YNWA

There's some comments on the Forthcoming Thrills thread.

Its entirely understandable that the number is down in the circumstance - if a shame as there was some beauts last year.

I wait to see what becomes of Misty / Scream and Battle lines when we are in a better place. Glad we are getting what we are getting for now.

broodblik

When thing I can say about the specials is that they are definitely  trying different combinations. It is a good way to experiment. As I said already a Battle special and maybe something like a Starlord special would be nice.

What about a Dan Dare special? :) :) :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Swerty

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 10 February, 2021, 01:45:51 PMWhat about a Dan Dare special? :) :) :)
Rebellion doesn't own the rights to Dare, and so that'd be nothing to do with them should any such special appear in the future.