Main Menu

Prog 2223 - The Root Of All Evil

Started by Goosegash, 14 March, 2021, 12:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I've had that impression for a while, he does want to close things off, but time is the limting factor. This clearly isn't him stormin' out the room and slamming the door as somoe what to portray it. Its always been a need to move on, but doing so as civilly as possible... well most the time.

So with any luck we'll get closure on everything that's still going. As I've said before I'm especially keen to see Savage get the send off it deserves, but fans of all his series deserve to get the ending and Unca Pat deserves to close things off the way he wants to.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 March, 2021, 02:04:51 PM
So with any luck we'll get closure on everything that's still going. As I've said before I'm especially keen to see Savage get the send off it deserves, but fans of all his series deserve to get the ending and Unca Pat deserves to close things off the way he wants to.

He's already said a couple of times that he feels Savage has come to a natural end, which I find disappointing because I've found it the most entertaining of Mills' series in recent years, by some margin.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

The las ABC Warriors story looks like it is going to be the Joe Pineapples spinoff
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

More info from Pat's twitter related to ABC Warriors:

Q: Hey @PatMillsComics, do you have any idea when the last ABC Warriors story will appear in @2000AD? Even approximately...

Pat: I'd guess end of the year. Clint is still colouring the pages he's inked and I've got about maybe 6 episodes to write which he'll need to draw and colour.  What do you think? End of the year seems about right
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Honestly find myself at the opposite end of the spectrum from most readers here as to this as for it it was the poorest strip in 2000ad for quite some time. Dull, poorly drawn (sorry but for me it's an artist who has gone backwards from the days of great art he produced in dredd) with poor layouts, unclear script (who ' what was in the air at times was confused as hell) an 11 part shoot out without tension or humour and worst of all a character who has nothing to do with wagner / Ezquerra' s Durham Red.

I did laugh at the Ford transit van model by the booster station. Seemed a sensible vehicle to have on a snow frozen hell.

Utterly banal, lacking 2000ads humour or intelligence. Honestly I'm up for more Skip Tracer than this.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Link Prime

Quote from: BPP on 04 April, 2021, 09:15:46 PM
Utterly banal, lacking 2000ads humour or intelligence. Honestly I'm up for more Skip Tracer than this.

I'm with ya on this, unfortunately.

Give the character back to the ever inventive Dan Abnett or newly reconstructed Hogan Droid, or hang up her knickers unisex full body suit.

broodblik

For all the Proteus Vex fan's Michael Carroll tweeted the following:

Colin YNWA

Very good news indeed - wonder who'll be on art duties?

Bolt-01

Okay - if we can't have Henry or Jake -- who would you want to see take a swing at this?

My first thought -- SK Moore. The art has a similar 'density' but a very different look.

Who would you pick and why?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 April, 2021, 09:30:36 AM
Who would you pick and why?

Well assuming we rule out none starters like Brendan McCarthy (god that would be something) and the fact we shouldn't wait for David Taylor let's give Lee Carter a go.

As it happens I'm happy to report - though this is speculative - that over on Facebook Jake Lynch has just shared the image of Mike Carroll's first page of script so fingers crossed that's a hint he may be back.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

S'right. Lynch has completely won me over on a strip that I thought could only be Flint's:
he's a massive talent.

broodblik

Flint or Lynch does not matter more Proteus Vex please !!!!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 April, 2021, 06:13:20 PM
S'right. Lynch has completely won me over on a strip that I thought could only be Flint's:
he's a massive talent.

He really is and i hope he's starting to get the recognition he deserves. Wonderful artist in my Prog Slog I'm just getting to the point when his art is first appearing and he's developing in front of us. Each time he appears he's getting better and better. It interesting comparing his Orlok / Sinister Dexter with Proteus. Still clearly very much the same artist, with such an idiotsyncratic style, yet he's come on so much. It fascinating looking at his work and trying to work out how he's come on so much, while changing so little. I being about to write about it in self-absorbed parts but I just can't figure it out!

broodblik

I can remember the Orlok series and to be honest I just did not like the art. I always frowned when I saw his art and then the tide started to turn around. I can now say that he has become one of my favourites really enjoying his growth and style.