Main Menu

Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! - Full results

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 April, 2021, 06:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 April, 2021, 06:35:25 PM

A picture says a thousand words! Drokk that's nice.

One thing this contest succeed in was increasing my appreciation of City of the Damned. After rereading it, along side of Judge Child, I have to say its definitely in my top 10 epics.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

more sensible would be to put cotd in a dredd epic superleague - of one  - next time. it could then dispense its thrills to spare to the rest of the epics pyramid.
never mind the fans. this is the future. literally.

broodblik

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 26 April, 2021, 08:14:40 PM
are we still voting?

city of the damned

I am not sure if City of Damned will qualify for local elections. But you never know
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dog Deever

Quote from: Funt Solo on 26 April, 2021, 06:35:25 PM

Pffft... what a swizz- imagine City of the Damned being pipped by superficial, throwaway yarns like Origins, America and Necropolis. They'll be telling us Junker was rubbish next... etc.

"Seedings- the acceptable swindle, to keep the big teams stories in..."
Nods sagely.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

And its wonderful images like that, concepts like vampire jobs and zombie Dredd that mean when you actually read it its such a waste!

Mind can you trust my opinion....

It could have been worse - Final rankings compared to my positions

Well as I said at the start of all this is isn't an exercise in AlexF bashing ... I mean sure we needed to hack up his list and make that better BUT if anyone individual had the gumption to do such a list would they be as 'wrong' as AlexF.

To find out you might remember before we kicked off I put that to the test and got a random no-mark to come up with their own list for comparison and that no-mark was ME. And so here's the same ranking BUT this time the positional changes will be based on my correct ranking.

52: Dead Ringer - 48 = down 4 places

51: Crusade - 52 = up 1 place.

50: Blood of Satanus III - 51 = up 1 place.

49: Purgatory / Inferno - 50 = Up 1 place.

48: Luna-City - 43 = Down 5 places.

47: The Robot War - 37 = down 10 places.

46: Raptaur - 44 = Down 2 places

45: The Mega Rackets - 30 = down 15 places.

44: The Ecstasy - 49 = up 5 places

43: Cold War [The Adventures of Judge Dredd in the Land of the Soviets] - 36 = down 7 places.

42: Darkside - 45 = Up 3 places

41: Blood Trails - 15 = Down 26 places

40: Mandroid 2 - Instrument of War - 20 = Down 20 places

39: The Hunting Party - 34 = Down 5 places

38: Judgement Day - 41 = Up 3 places

37: Doomsday - 25 = Down 12 places

36: Die Laughing - 32 = Down 4 places

35: Helter Skelter - 46 = Up 11 places

34: End of Days - 33 = Down 1 place

33: Judgement on Gotham - 42 = Up 9 places

32: Judge Dredd Vs Aliens - Incubus - 35 = Up 3 places

31: The Chief Judge's Man - 27 = Down 4 places

30: Wilderlands - 40 = Up 10 places

29: Sin City - 29 = No change

28: Krong Island - 28 = No Change

27: Fetish - 39 = Up 12 places

26: Served Cold / The Cop - 23 = down 3 places

25: Dead Zone - 19 = down 6 places

24: Dark Justice - 38 = Up 14 places

23: Block Judge - 24 = Up 1 place

22: Beyond the Call of Duty - 31 = Up 9 places

21: Every Empire Falls - 17 = down 4 places

20: Small House - 14 = Down 6 places

19: Machine Law - 11 = Down 8 places

18: Titan / Enceladus - 10 = Down 8 places

17: Mandroid - 18 = Up 1 place

16: Trifecta - 9 = Down 7 places

15: Mechanismo - 22 = Up 7 places

14: The Cursed Earth - 2 = Down 12 places

13: City of the Damneds - 47 = Up 34 places.

12: Terror / Total War - 6 = down 6 places

11: The Day the Law Died 21 = Up 10 places.

10: Origins 13 = Up 3 places

9: The Dead Man - 5 = down 4 places

8: Oz - 16 = up 8 places

7: The Pit 3 = Down 4 places.

6: America - 4  = down 2 places

5: Day of Chaos - 8 = Up 3 places

4: Tour of Duty - 1 = Down 3 places

3: Judge Child - 26 = Up 23 places

2: Necropolis - 12 = Up 10 places

1: Apocalypse War (inc Block Mania) - 7 = Up 6 places

broodblik

Great stuff again Colin. Enjoyed your tourney !!!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

milstar

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Colin YNWA

The numbers

What do we learn from this list of mine (the correct order remember). Well firstly actually AlexF was closer to the correct answer than you lot. You just can't be trusted!

You only got two answers correct compared to me that being Sin City and Krong Island.

Second while with AlexF positions shifted by an average of 6.4 positions against the final ranking from the tourney, against my list that number increased to 7.25. Meaning I'm even more out of step with you lot!

Here's the rest of the data (AlexF's in brackets for comparison)

26 (32) Epics went down, i.e Colin.ynwa ranked them higher than they ended in the final poll

24 (17) went up, i.e. the vote ranked the Epics higher than Colin.ynwa's ranking.

The average move down was 7.1 (5.2)

The average move up was 7.9 (9.8)

I will note that my figures have some statistical errors - I know this for reasons I won't bore you with, but they are slight and where as I look the time to tidy errors with AlexF's data as it was more important I couldn't be bothered with mine, as they won't affect the over all picture.

So yeah we might have dissected and mocked AlexF's folly, but heck be grateful it was me doing it things would have been even worse. I imagine any of us would have had a very different list than came out of the final results.

After all we know about half of you think City of the Damned is the Gurddamned best Epic for some bizarre reason*

*Well I had to let it have the final word didn't I!

BPP

Isn't sun city / krong island in your listings a result of the format?

One to one I can't believe krong island beats sin city.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Yeah to be fair that's very possibly (probably) right.

Krong Island (I really like Krong Island I wil say) came 'bottom' of its section so had fallen as far as it could and Sin City had gone as high as it could once it lost its Round 5 vote (interestingly by 1 point to... you guessed it... City of the Damned!). So if we had had more votes to check the positions post ranking votes I think it's a reasonable assumption to say Sin City could have taken out Krong Island.