Main Menu

Attic clear out

Started by Bad Andy, 25 April, 2021, 10:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Hey everyone,

I've had to clear out my mother's attic as it seems I had boxes and boxes of old Tooth and Megs up there.

Is there anything from the 90s that's particularly rare that I should be keeping an eye out for?

I've already noticed the comic version of the original Dredd film with Carlos Ezquerra's take on what Dredd looks like without a helmet.

I've got a fair few yearbooks. Probably the earliest run of the Megazine. Many of the Classic 2000ad collections. For some reason there is a Prog 1000 still in a bag. Prog 800 - 803 with the microguides still attached.

I'm probably just going to lob it into my loft, but wondered if there is anything I should be looking after a bit more :D

IndigoPrime

If you've a #1208, that one's a rarity, due to distribution problems at the time.

Richard

The Rogue Trooper Annual 1991 is hard to get hold of.

Bad Andy

I've literally just found that Rogue Trooper album in a separate box.

Don't even remember buying it. Or ever reading it.

#1208 - not sure I have anything that late in this collection

Colin YNWA

I'm not sure the Rogue Trooper annual is that rare - there's quite a few of them on eBay. I few are marked as rare but there are 10s of the things and can be picked up for less than a tenner easily.

Bad Andy

I'm pleased to see it's not changing hands for much money because after a brief flick through of it, it's utter shite.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Bad Andy on 25 April, 2021, 11:51:33 AMDon't even remember buying it. Or ever reading it.
Probably for the best, as per your subsequent post.

Bad Andy

Got a few Alternity issues that might be worth a look here. And a bunch of sci-fi specials. My assumption being that if they got sequels, they might be okay.

Going to see if I can dig out the Purgatory/Inferno storylines just to see how bad they were. I remember nice art.

One thing that this look through has highlighted to me is just how often I've bought the same stories in so many different formats :D

Funt Solo

Quote from: Bad Andy on 25 April, 2021, 12:08:45 PM
I'm pleased to see it's not changing hands for much money because after a brief flick through of it, it's utter shite.

I was going to argue the point for the sake of form, but ... it's pretty dire stuff right enough.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Southstreeter

My problem is I have every prog since 1990 in my attic and want to shift them all. Any ideas? I don't think eBay is a goer as there are around 1500 progs, so they'd need to go in large, extremely heavy bundles. I haven't checked but I guess 1208 is in there.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Southstreeter on 25 April, 2021, 07:38:33 PM
My problem is I have every prog since 1990 in my attic and want to shift them all. Any ideas? I don't think eBay is a goer as there are around 1500 progs, so they'd need to go in large, extremely heavy bundles. I haven't checked but I guess 1208 is in there.

Kev Levell of these pastures has a thread detailing his selling of his collection and you might get some ideas there

https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=47466.0

Southstreeter

Thanks, that's useful to see. I'll have a think.

Funt Solo

I've seen people offer big collections for pick-up only at negotiated price-points. As I don't live in the UK, I've never opted to pick one up, but it's usually something I'm tempted by. Not sure how much help that is.

Maybe a bigger audience on Facepalm?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Bad Andy

Quote from: Bad Andy on 25 April, 2021, 12:43:13 PM
Going to see if I can dig out the Purgatory/Inferno storylines just to see how bad they were. I remember nice art.

Found them. Oh my...

I'm sure I enjoyed them at the time, but deary me. What a waste of time, other than the art.

Bad Andy

What is funny is that I've left myself a little note about the correct order to read the final episode of Purgatory as the pages had been printed in the wrong order. And this is hot off the back of Firekind's printing cock-up. Guess that's pretty symptomatic of the Prog at the time.