Main Menu

Promises, Promises...

Started by Funt Solo, 27 April, 2021, 02:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corinthian

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 April, 2021, 06:28:45 AM
No sure if your going to keep going - so I'll not do spoilers but we know there's at least one a LOT earlier than that!

I too can't wait to find out how Pussyfoot 5 fare with the Ghost War in Jezreel's Eye.

Dark Jimbo

As Funt says it's okay to play, I'll end the anticipation:

Dan Dare: Servant of Evil, prog 126 in 1979.

In fairness to Tharg, he doesn't make any kind of promise that Dan will be back, just that he'll be taking a break - and he wasn't wrong!
@jamesfeistdraws

The Corinthian

The year ahead preview at the start of 1981* does, however, promise that DD would be back.

(* I don't have the prog to hand but it'd be somewhere around 195.)

Funt Solo

There's a "Things To Come In '81" page in prog 192 - that might be it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2021, 12:51:57 PM
We have another culprit and it is Brass Sun. Great series wish we can have more of it.

As the man said, it's Brass Sun, from prog 2072 in 1018:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

oshii

Ampney Crucis has been a long time gone.

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Corinthian on 27 April, 2021, 07:42:50 PM
...can't wait to find out how Pussyfoot 5 fare with the Ghost War in Jezreel's Eye.

I had to look this one up to see how accurate The Corinthian was being (knowing his rather unorthodox eyesight issues), but sho'nuff, here's Pussyfoot 5, from prog 1256 in 2001:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

Quote from: Funt Solo on 27 April, 2021, 10:45:13 PMI had to look this one up to see how accurate The Corinthian was being (knowing his rather unorthodox eyesight issues)

Possibly I am not the one with the eyesight issues.

- Kate

The Monarch

Quote from: The Corinthian on 27 April, 2021, 10:17:07 PM
The year ahead preview at the start of 1981* does, however, promise that DD would be back.

(* I don't have the prog to hand but it'd be somewhere around 195.)

To be fair to tharg A Dan Dare did return in 1982 just not the 2000ad version and not in 2000ad itself

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Corinthian on 28 April, 2021, 08:51:21 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 27 April, 2021, 10:45:13 PMI had to look this one up to see how accurate The Corinthian was being (knowing his rather unorthodox eyesight issues)

Possibly I am not the one with the eyesight issues.

- Kate

*makes note* Not actually THE Corinthian.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

:-[ I had actually kind of forgotten that about my namesake.  :-[

Funt Solo

To be fair, I was also making an actual gender assumption - sorry!

Funt Solo
him/his/mine!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Where we ever promises another series of Ampney Crucis? Even if is not true I still would like more of this
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Ampney really did end, even though I was a bit confused by how abrupt it seemed - they went for the Dallas solution of waking up in a different reality:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

It wasn't that long ago that everyone was wondering if we were ever going to have a follow up to that cliffhanger in Stickleback, so I live in hope.