Main Menu

Tieran Trevallion or Colin Wilson - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 31 May, 2021, 08:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 31 May, 2021, 08:54:27 AM
Tiernen 5:Colin 0

What was I thinking got my artist all mix up? Sorry for the change Colin but here is my updated vote

I really like Tiernens work on Fiends so he still edges Colin. Colin work on Rogue was really good.

Tiernen 3 Colin 2
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Magnetica

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

Heading into the last day here and just 24 hours(ish) to get any more votes in and I will, as ever count up in the morning.

As for my vote. Well the union of Colins remains in force. Though more honestly I've always absolutely love Colin Wilson's art. He's one of my favourites and as such I'm always surprised he's not hailed as an absolute classic. His worlds look so solid and real. His vehicles so functional and designed so well. All of that world building at no lose of brilliantly believeable character work. He''s just brilliant. I can't ignore Tieran Trevallion's grimly fantastic work, he's just unlucky he's come up against one of my absolute favourites.

Tieran Trevallion 1 : Colin Wilson 4

See you in the morning.

sintec

Trevallion 3 : Wilson 2

Very close to being a 4:1 split with the recent Fiends from Trevallion. But those early Rogue episodes from Wilson make this another close round.

milstar

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

A strong end from personal favourite Colin Wilson closed the gap but wasn't enough to overhaul the lead Tieran had developed. While Colin might be a personal fav its hard to not be pleased a modern artist as strong as Tieran, working on such great strips takes this one.

Overall another win for Current Team pushes open a slight lead Classic Team need a big week and haven't got off to the best start. Still a long way to go and plenty of time to pull this back.

Current Team 11.5 : Classic Team 9.5

Current Team 940 : Classic Team 994

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 03 June, 2021, 08:12:55 AM
Classic Team need a big week

Well I'm not going to deny knowing the draw I might be trying to create a narrative here!

Carlos Ezquerra: Hola!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

I, Cosh

Missed the deadline for this one last night as I started looking at their stats in bed then ended up having to fix the blinds and then fell asleep so glad to see my man still won.

Colin Wilson is a good artist but it seems like almost the entirety of his work for Tharg was during times I wasn't reading. I mean I'm probably the only person alive who quite liked Rain Dogs and his Rogue Trooper was fine but it wasn't Cam Kennedy.

On the other hand, I really didn't see how anyone could compete with Dom Reardon and then Tiernen popped up on Absalom and blew my mind. Beautiful stuff with its own unique aesthetic and a flair for the grotesque. The grey tones of that series made it stand out but the broader palette of the recent Fiends series works really well too.

Trevallion 4 - 1 Wilson
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 03 June, 2021, 10:55:31 AM
Point wise the classic is an artist ahead

Yeah its interesting. Though Current are ahead on points - which will ultimately decide the tourney - Classic have scored more points still i.e. they have won less ties BUT have clearly won those they have by a wider margin. It will be interesting to see how this continues ( and I do need to check the scoring as its all done in my head when I count up in the morning when I'm still sleepy) but with some of the ties we have ongoing I can this is disparity continuing as well. Whether it does until the end of the  tourney we'll have to wait and see.

broodblik

I think it is a case where the love for the classic artist outweighed everything