Main Menu

Clint Langley or Glenn Fabry - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 23

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 June, 2021, 06:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

When Slaine artists collide! I mean of course both of these artists have done a lot more for Tharg than just the wode warped warrior but I'd suggest that's the strip they are both best known for? Both also faced very tough draws in the first rounds of their respective tourney's which saw them fall at the first hurdle AND both their names end in an 'N'... could they be more alike??? How close will this be therefore?

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Clint Langley - more info

OR

Glenn Fabry - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Saturday 5th June

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

BPP

Dang, a short burst of iconic art vs years of creativity and invention. 3-2 to Langley for me.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

rogue69

Sean SD

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 June, 2021, 06:22:30 AM
AND both their names end in an 'N'...

Er sorry....what?

Anyway....

Possibly my second favourite ever artist here. Nothing against Clint who seems to be a very decent chap based on the chat I had with him at the 40th, but you know it's Fabry and so:

Glenn takes it 4-1

(I have to give Clint a point as I did buy some art from him).

abelardsnazz

Two great Slaine artists, but taking their work apart from that, Glenn's detail on Dredd and the Batman crossover is amazing, and Clint did some beautiful wide-screen work on ABC.

Glenn Fabry 3, Clint Langley 2.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 02 June, 2021, 09:54:03 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 June, 2021, 06:22:30 AM
AND both their names end in an 'N'...

Er sorry....what?

Anyway....

There was some silly logic to that when I wrote it... whatever it was is lost in the mists of time and I have no idea!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I have go based on their interpretations of Slaine, and so Langley wins it 4-1.

SBT

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

sintec

Langley 3 : Fabry 2

The Volgan War tipping the balance to Langley for me.

Rogue Judge

Langley 4 : Fabry 1

ABC Warriors Volgan War was one of the first non-Dredd thrills I read a number of years ago when getting in to 2000AD. While I enjoyed the story, it was really the art that blew me away, and it's because of the art I've re-read it twice since then!

Fabry is great, but not being a huge Slaine fan, I have less exposure to his work...the Dredd/Batman crossover first comes to mind.