Main Menu

Henry Flint or Anthony Williams - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 28

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 June, 2021, 06:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

If you want to understand the white hot crucible of rage that a human can feel you only have to remind me that Henry Flint, 2000ad's definitive Art Droid, was knocked out in the Quarter Finals of the Current Tourney. I've never quite been able to forgive you all that and still wake up at night silently screaming as I remember the count confirming the result, a cold sweat and hot tears mixing on my contoured face.

I also really like Anthony William's art (but not quite as much)

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Henry Flint - more info

OR

Anthony Williams - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Saturday 12th June

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

rogue69

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Two very different artists, who I think were both 'marmite' when they first showed up. Mr Flint has of course gone on to have the opportunity to put the pages in and develop into one of the most popular and skilled 2000AD artists. Mr Williams, on the other hand, has not had that opportunity *in the pages of the prog*. So for that, I have to split the vote from the Small Blue Jury thus:
Flint 3
Williams 2

But with the proviso that I wish we had seen more Williams over the years.

SBT

abelardsnazz

Henry is arguably the defining Dredd artist of the modern age, with so many iconic moments, including showing Joe's aging. I like Anthony's work, in its early days possibly a little too cartoony for my tastes.

Henry Flint 4, Anthony Williams 1.

BPP

5-0 to Flint.

I've genuinely no idea why he's not the biggest thing in comics.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

5-0 to Flint

He his one off my favorite current artist and I am not a fan of Anthony's work (yes, I know he is a billions time better than me)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

DrJomster

Flint 4 Williams 1

Mr Flint does a superb Dredd. Mr Williams is no slouch, don't get me wrong, but this is a tough draw.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

AlexF

Flint 5, Williams 0 - my first whitewash I think. I do like Williams, especially on the VCs, but Flint is just astonishing, and in so many different styles over the years!

Rogue Judge

Yeah...Flint all the way here

Henry Flint 5 - Anthony Williams 0

Williams cartoon style just doesn't do it for me against Flint's flawless art.

A clean sweep to Flint so Colin can sleep again at night!

Magnetica

I have kinda warmed to Williams's cartoony style, especially on the VCs.

But you know, it's Henry Flint, a man who can do no wrong; we are just blessed to have him in the Prog, evoking the best of McMahon and O'Neill whist doing his own thing.

5 nil to Henry.

I, Cosh

For an explanation, see the thread I started once about how Henry is at least as good as and better than most the traditional "classic" Dredd artists.

Flint 5 - 0 Williams
We never really die.