Main Menu

Battle Of The Planets Live action movie.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 28 July, 2021, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

judgeurko

more boring nostaliga. the cartoon was shit.

Pyroxian

Quote from: judgeurko on 31 July, 2021, 02:13:46 PM
more boring nostaliga. the cartoon was shit.

BoTP was great at the time - I loved it. It doesn't hold up very well, although the vehicle and mecha designs are still great.

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (The Original Anime) is great fun though - mainly because it got rid of all that 7 Zark 7 bollocks that was needed to explain all the fight scenes that they cut out because they were 'too violent' for 70s kids - and to be fair there were a few that would have been. Some were a bit bloody, and Jason could be a bit sadistic when fighting. Plus they had to ditch the plotlines of Zoltar being able to switch genders, and one of the team gets killed off.

If they make the live-action more like Gatchaman, it could be good fun :)

M.I.K.

Well, if you want something more like a live-action original Gatchaman, you could always try and track down the original live-action Gatchaman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56XwTGidsU

broodblik

I watch the latest Fast and Furious movie (version 9) and it has now become clear that the believe is to make the next one more over-the-top than the previous one.  The action has become such a ridiculous extravaganza that the movie as lost all its charm and excitement. The franchise is just one big illogical super-charged ludicrous event driven drivel that not even a video game can top that. This is a ha-ha movie but not in a funny way. I do not mind over-the-top action but please do not boost it for topping the previous action scene.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 02 August, 2021, 08:46:15 AM
I watch the latest Fast and Furious movie (version 9) and it has now become clear that the believe is to make the next one more over-the-top than the previous one.  The action has become such a ridiculous extravaganza that the movie as lost all its charm and excitement. The franchise is just one big illogical super-charged ludicrous event driven drivel that not even a video game can top that. This is a ha-ha movie but not in a funny way. I do not mind over-the-top action but please do not boost it for topping the previous action scene.

Sorry wrong thread I will repost it where it should go
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: M.I.K. on 02 August, 2021, 12:51:32 AM
Well, if you want something more like a live-action original Gatchaman, you could always try and track down the original live-action Gatchaman...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56XwTGidsU

Oh my giddy ant that looks incredible - I wonder if its available with English subtitles? I love the fact that the only English word to appear during that was

"Bump of Chicken"!!!???

Richard

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Richard on 02 August, 2021, 10:59:05 AM
That's three words.

This is to be read as delivered by Professor Huston in King Solomons Mines I hope.

Agree with Pyroxian that BotP has aged badly but Gatchaman is brilliant. Not sure we need a BotP film though.

I haven't seen that Japanese Gatchaman film but even though the FX look ropey I would still totally watch it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.