Main Menu

Round 2 so far

Started by AlexF, 31 January, 2022, 01:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I will never tired of these, nor saying how GREAT they are.

As you scroll down you get a real sense of dread about how tough Round 3 will be, let alone Round 4 and beyo...

what DRY RUN!!!!

how do that happen!

I love the random draw element.

AlexF

Apologies to Zombie Army, who didn't deserve to get through to Round 3 - but DID at least deserve to get a picture!

AlexF

More victors! More losers! More Tourney!

AlexF

AlexF

Round 2 is finally over! The final batch of winners and losers...

AlexF

Colin YNWA

Some of your panel selection and crops are just brilliant AlexF!

Thanks again for doing this, really brings things to life.

broodblik

Yes this is awesome as always AlexF
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Not gonna stop now, what with having a folder full of panels from, I guess, every single 2000AD/Megazine series ever.

I've also been doing na bit of stats trawling, some interesting things to note going into Round 3...

Of 2000AD's most polific writers,
Grennie takes the lead with 15 thrills still in play (and 7 lost)
Wagner has 13 left, with 8 knocked out
Mills has 12 left, 7 gone
Grant also 12 left, 5 gone (NB including many of the same serieses as Wagner)
Abnett's on 10, with 4 knocked out
Smith is on 9, 6 lost
Edginton looking strong with 8 in, only 2 lost
Milligan's on 7 with 3 lost
Finley-Day punching above hbis weight, arguably, with 6 still in play and just 1 gone
While finalist contender Alan Moore has 5 thrills still in play, only 1 knocked out so far.

Pity poor Arthur Wyatt and Hilary Robinson, all their solo series now gone, but still in play, in the giant roster of Future Shock writers.
Modern favourite Al Ewing somehow has just 1 thrill left in play (outside of Future Shocks), and it's his not-especially-beloved Damnation Station.
At the opposite end, Alan Hebden has to feel pretty happy about his showing, with four of his solo-scripted series + his one-off efforts all still in contention.

(All stats listed above are based on Round 2 only, not looking at things that fell in Round 1. Also I might have counted wrong)

AlexF

Bit trickier to count up the artists accurately as so many series have used mutiple artists, but by my reckoning, top of the Tourney entering Round 3 are...

Massimo Belardinelli, with 8 entrants
Henry Flint and D'Israeli with 7
Dave Gibbons, Kevin O'Neill, Simon Davis and Ian Gibson all on 6
Carlos Ezquerra and Colin McNeil both on 5

-Just imagine a Prog with all those names attached! What a belter that would be.

davidbishop

Prog 2000 featured four of those - Ezquerra, Gibbons, O'Neill and Davis on art duties - plus Bolland, Fraser, McMahon, Walker, Kennedy, Staples and Harrison. Not a bad attempt!

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

loving these stats. thank you. and hoping for goal difference and averages to be sorted out soon ...

unbelievable that wagner has lost such a big proportion of his creations, tho. maybe it shouldn't have been a "not wagner" tournament, back in the day, after all? and trusting that we'll have an exhibition match of dredd going up against the winner of this epic, just for the craic.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 11 May, 2022, 08:07:29 PM
loving these stats. thank you. and hoping for goal difference and averages to be sorted out soon ...

There's a spread sheet if anyone fancies!