Main Menu

But... but... but... you MUST have!

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 11 June, 2004, 08:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Harry Flashman

So you've never been to Ireland, House of Usher? Trust me, you aint missing ANYTHING! Over-priced, over-rated, unfriendly kip with almost perpetually rotten weather; women who judge you by your job, house, car or lack of and God help you if you're an older, single male on a low income in this country -   the last acceptable bastion of discrimination! I'd give me eye teeth to get the hell out of this dump,  but such is the cost of living - or should that be existing?! - here that even saving for such a possibility is out of the question. Take my advice and steer well clear of the place!

Captain Harry Flashman

So you've never been to Ireland, House of Usher? Trust me, you aint missing ANYTHING! Over-priced, over-rated, unfriendly kip with almost perpetually rotten weather; women who judge you by your job, house, car or lack of and God help you if you're an older, single male on a low income in this country -   the last acceptable bastion of discrimination! I'd give me eye teeth to get the hell out of this dump,  but such is the cost of living - or should that be existing?! - here that even saving for such a possibility is out of the question. Take my advice and steer well clear of the place!

Buttonman

I've never read a word of Harry Potter or watched more than a passing second of Friends. I have also never been arrested although I was detained over a snowballing incident once.

As for Murphyville I've been twice and the second time the rip-off element had reached epidemic proportions. I know we are stupid tourists but 7 Euros for a pint is taking the piss.

Albion

I've never watched The Office or Extras.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

johnnystress

7 euros for a pint?!!
Where the jaysis were you drinking?

5 is the standard ripoff price in most pubs

Its amazing the amount of people I know in their 30s that have taken up smuggling booze into gigs again.

Buttonman

Some upstairs joint in the Temple Bar. It was a bit tacky and has an enormous tray of half pulled pints of Guiness awaiting the next sucker. Abra-Kebabra is aces though.

Mrs matthewvic

I haven't see the original 3 Star Wars films.

I haven't watched the Lord of the Rings films or read the books.

I've never been a blonde.

Mrs matthewvic

I think that I meant to say "I haven't SEEN the original 3 Star Wars films"

Damn my typing too quickly!

Matthew has arrived home and thinks I should have added my other I haven't....

I have never read a full issue of 2000ad.

I'll go and stand in the corner of shame now...

TordelBack

Some upstairs joint in the Temple Bar. It was a bit tacky and has an enormous tray of half pulled pints of Guiness awaiting the next sucker.

Sounds like The Quays.  May God help you.  

johnnystress

Could be any one of a bunch of overpriced tourist trap kips- Oliver St John Gogartys springs to mind

hellhole- stay away from temple bar

It used o be a cool spot- second hand book and comic shops, good pubs,guaranteed one of your mates would pop in, you could drink on the street- very sociable and a lot of fun

not anymore though

If you want a good pub head to Grogans, The Long Hall, Mulligans...none of these are in temple Bar

johnnystress

Just thought- it was in the Crane (RIP), a pub in Temple bar where  I first met Mike C, many years ago

And the Lord Edward

back on topic

I also haven't seen Casablanca or Lost

I've done absolutely everything else though

ThryllSeekyr

I've never walked to China. ( Not from where I'm living!!!!)

Actualley, the furtherest I have been outside the continent of Australia is Fraser Island.

I've never been married.

I've never jumped out of a plane.

To the person who was complaining about their dismal living conditions in Ireland.

With regards to my social, monetary and work status. Things are pretty much the same for me where4 I live in Australia.

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

TordelBack

I've never seen the corpse of anyone I knew personally (which is utterly bizarre, when I think of all the people I knew who have died, and all the dead strangers I've seen).

I've never been to a strip club (and never want to - I like naked women as much as the next man, but really, ugh).

I've never taken Ecstacy (working as a cleaner at university gigs in the early 90's put me right off 'modern' drugs).

I've never had sex with anyone I wasn't genuinely in love with(which I'm pretty happy about).

I've never seen ANY of the Godfather movies.

ThryllSeekyr

Modern drugs I'm not so sure about. As we all have to rely on some sort of pharmacudical when we are sick and it's interesting what may find in alot of the processed comestibles these days.

When I can say I don't take drugs intentionally.