Main Menu

bonnie dumfries...

Started by Tex Hex, 30 August, 2002, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tex Hex

Hmm. Not too far away, I suppose...

Anyone else going?

Tiplodocus

I am - but previous posts I've made asking haven't solicited much of a reply.  

I'll repeat that it's well worth a visit though. L

Last years event was great.

The MONIAIVE COMICS FESTIVAL 7th, 8th Sepetember may be small but it's perfectly formed.

There aren't gigantic queues for signings and sketches so you can actually chat to the artists and writers.

Can you imagine anywhere else where you'll end up in a room with John Wagner, Alan Grant and Cam Kennedy and only about a dozen other people? A marvellous opportunity for some face to face chats.

Also last year DIG-L and BISH-OP did a great panel - I don't know if they are attending this year (the itinerary mentions "Editors" - hey, it might even be Tharg himself).

And Moniaive is a very friendly little village.

Hope the link I've posted works and hope to see lots of you there.

Link: Moniaive Comic Festival 7th and 8th September

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Damn! Let's try this...

If that fails, I think it's at www.moniaive.com

Link: http://www.moniaive.com" target="_blank">Moniaive Comic Festival 7th and 8th September

paulvonscott

Hi there

Yeah I'm going, though I'm only planning to go for the one day as I heard all the local hotels were booked and all the people I know are working (or so they say).

So, if any messageboarders want to meet up for a drink, that would be great.

Cheers
Paul

Tiplodocus

Saturday or Sunday?  I'm going up on Saturday with my family. I was going to stay over to do some schmoozing but decided that this would be a bit sad because I don't know anyone and would have to rely on my wit and ready charm to "latch" onto some unfortunates (no chance there).  

I don't mind meeting up to say hello (But I shall follow strict internet safety rules and insist that it is a public place and that at least a dozen people know where I am going).  

You might be able to book one of the local hotels by quoting Sue Grant's name as she block booked them all in anticipation of the festival.