Main Menu

Prog 2290 - Double Impact!

Started by Richard, 09 July, 2022, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quote from: broodblik on 13 July, 2022, 11:57:48 AM
If you wondered what is going to happen with Sin/Dex after Bulletopia here is a quote from an interview (for the Sci-Special) with Dan Abnett:

Bulletopia ends soon (as you say, one more story after Malice in Plunderland), at which point we have big plans for the next big era. There will be reunions of all sorts... and few of them will be pleasant.

With a strip as long-running as SinDex, no matter how solid the default setting is (i.e. the short, one-off stories), I think you need to keep it fresh by re-inventing it on a regular basis, and shake things up – at least temporarily. I've done that before with 'eras' like Downlode Tales and Malone. There's always a way to re-set again.

What we have coming is a major re-invention which will be the biggest departure from the 'norm' so far, with a very different tone... yet will also capture the original spirit of the series in a distilled form. It's an exciting prospect.

https://2000ad.com/news/interview-bang-bang-shoot-shoot-dan-abnett-talks-sinister-dexter-killer-serial-for-the-2000-ad-sci-fi-special/

That sounds you hear is me ejaculating with joy and doing a very sweaty dance. I had feared that the constant whining about SiniDex (largely on the more shall we say militant thicko places on social media) had reached Tharg's ears and the strip may be closing in on an ending. Glad to hear that the staunchly European adventures of my favourite gunsharks are set to continue.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Yeah agree with Smallbluething this is very exciting. Sinister Dexter has proved very flexible and robust in its ability to tell different stories and to morph and change over time - always having the 'default' setting to come back to. Its been a shame that Bulletopia hasn't quite worked due to its schedule, for whatever reason. Its great however to know that this old warhorse of a thrill is already preping its next big thing and I can't wait.

Some folks - particularly in the places SBT references seem adverse to change - which has always struck me as very strange for fans of a comic like 2000ad. I think thrills like S&D are so strong they are prefect to flex and flip and I look forward to it every time and it almost always lands.

broodblik

My understanding is that Tazio Bettin will continue on the strip. I must say that I really like his work on Sin/Dex.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Just picked up prog 2291 and realised I didn't say anything about this one yet.

It was great!

There.