Main Menu

FIRST LAWMASTER PIC FROM DREDD!

Started by Michaelvk, 21 January, 2011, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

So there I was, driving off to the workshop this morning (working on a ribena commercial), and there's a movie shoot going on on the way out of town. So I wondered about who it was until I see a bloody Lawmaster parked next to the busiest road out of town without so much as a bit of secrecy. Stuff like that miffs me a tad..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

COMMANDO FORCES

Spaceghost

Quote from: Michaelvk on 21 January, 2011, 03:12:31 PM
So there I was, driving off to the workshop this morning (working on a ribena commercial), and there's a movie shoot going on on the way out of town. So I wondered about who it was until I see a bloody Lawmaster parked next to the busiest road out of town without so much as a bit of secrecy. Stuff like that miffs me a tad..

Hope you took a picture to show us!

(joke...sorry)

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Strontium Claw

James Stacey

Think we might need a new thread for a new image :D There's going to be some serious analysis of that bad boy

radiator

Wow! Looks pretty sweet!

Very sleek - good that they have stayed away from the boxy original design imo.

It doesn't look the coolest from this angle, but I'm sure it will look the business on screen.

Colin Zeal

Looks perfectly acceptable to me. Interesting design, although I'm waiting for someone to complain that the wheels aren't big enough or something.

radiator

It looks a little small (ie - realistic motorbike size) from this angle, but in context I'm sure it will work fine - it's going to be filmed alongside regular trucks and vans remember - if it was outrageously big, it would look a little bit silly by comparison.

Mike Carroll

Enhanced the contrast and doubled the size of the pic... This is our first decent look at the Judges' uniform!

COMMANDO FORCES

For those who can't follow links at work  ;)

Michaelvk

Heh.. Would you look at that! Nice guns..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Richmond Clements

Oh fuck, that looks fucking awesome.

radiator

Elbow pads look green, which is a nice nod to the original. Shoulder pad also looks closer to the comic version than I'd imagined from the first pic. Utility belt also looks quite faithful, albiet a far more practical looking one.

Love the bike cannons - overall the bike looks very Tron. Hard to judge in profile, but I imagine it's a lot chunkier than it looks from this pic.

TordelBack

Nice.  Uniform looks great too.

IndigoPrime

That's all looks horrible—which is great. What I mean is that this Mega City One is more 'nightmare' than neon-nightmare. Maybe things will change in post, but it's coming across like a shithole of a city that's on the brink, where Judges just about keep things in line.

Increasingly, this also doesn't look Nolan faux-realism to me—it's brutal 1980s-style sci-fi' realism. It's Mad Max and Alien, not Batman Begins. Again, maybe post will change things, but I'm liking the no-nonsense take on the comic so far and its slightly ramshackle nature.