Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Beadle68

money well spent.  :thumbsup:  Somebody ring Karl Urban and tell him to dust his uniform off he's going to need it again  :lol:

Beeks

Just saw this on twitter and rushed over here hoping for the scoop haha

Can't believe it's number 1 on Amazon

I'm trying not to get too excited just incase I get disappointed
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Fisticuffs

Number one again, six months after it was released, is just completely and utterly mental. Good show! (Bought another copy for myself. ;) )

Goaty

Awesome, and it's 28 on US chart.

Wasn't it cos of Marvel's Ryan Penagos (@agentM) has tweeted this about Dredd two days ago. He has 1.3 million followers:

22 Jun
WOW. Dredd was FANTASTIC. Karl Urban was on point. And the soundtrack was killer. Fingers crossed for a sequel.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 24 June, 2013, 07:04:45 AM
Number one again, six months after it was released, is just completely and utterly mental. Good show! (Bought another copy for myself. ;) )
It's bonkers but also local. Dredd's not even in the top-100 on Amazon.com (it's #184, and #7 in sci-fi). Now, if it could be pushed high in the US charts, that would be very interesting.

radiator

It also seems to sell a lot better on Blu Ray than DVD, which is a far smaller market isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong on either point, but it just never seemed to trouble the DVD chart in the same way that it has the Blu Ray chart.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 24 June, 2013, 09:29:46 AM
It also seems to sell a lot better on Blu Ray than DVD, which is a far smaller market isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong on either point, but it just never seemed to trouble the DVD chart in the same way that it has the Blu Ray chart.

It's a smaller market that accounts for about a fifth of physical sales and grew by about 44% this Spring but blu-rays cost more so they add a little more with each disc sold. DREDD is the #2 best-selling blu-ray on amazon UK so far this year, Skyfall is #1. In overall sales (blu-ray & dvd) Skyfall is the only blu-ray in the Top Ten at #3, Dredd is the next at #11 so it's out-seling most DVDs, at least on amazon. That wouldn't be a direct correllative for national retail sales but DREDD is at #13 in the Top 40 blu-rays.

Hawkmumbler

[Anti-Sauchie missiles primed] Did someone say sequel?

dracula1

Pre booked my seats at cineworld for Dredd 2 3D off the back of this great news.

;-)

radiator

Oh btw, saw on Twitter the other day that the Prince Charles cinema in London is doing double bills of Robocop and Dredd (2D) on the 22nd and the 30th of July.

Goaty

Great double bill!

Now it 24 on Amazon US!

IndigoPrime

That's... quite the leap from when I looked earlier.

Goaty

Now there will be Taken 3??

Stupid Hollywood.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's all down to money in the end and that's why the news about the disc sales is very interesting at this current moment. Obviously it could all be just a big ploy to get more sales but if they wanted more sales, especially in the UK, they could've produced a Mega-Steel Tin, as we would all rush out and buy it.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting indeed!