Main Menu

Quick couple of Dredd questions - Can anyone help please??

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 13 October, 2019, 02:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

1) What was the name and story featuring an ageing Don's 100th Birthday Party and involving a Jimp in some capacity?

2) What was the name of the gangster that helped Danny Falcone out in Maurader? And can anyone tell me what species (Alien / Mutant??) he was please??
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Leigh S

I'm thinking 1 was "The Fall Guy" from the 88 Dredd Mega Special, art by Will Simpson - dont have t to hand , but reprinted in teh restricted files vol 2 if anyone has that closeby?

broodblik

Quote from: Leigh S on 13 October, 2019, 03:34:11 PM
I'm thinking 1 was "The Fall Guy" from the 88 Dredd Mega Special, art by Will Simpson - dont have t to hand , but reprinted in teh restricted files vol 2 if anyone has that closeby?

I checked and verified it ran as you said in Judge Dredd Mega Special 1988 and was reprinted in the Restricted Files Vol 2. It was written by Alan Grant
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

broodblik

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 October, 2019, 02:07:44 PM

2) What was the name of the gangster that helped Danny Falcone out in Maurader? And can anyone tell me what species (Alien / Mutant??) he was please??

The name is Krunt Mikhail but the specie is I do not know
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Ah, an alien I take it...?!?

Edit - Thank you!!!
Texts from Last Night

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 13 October, 2019, 02:07:44 PM
1) What was the name and story featuring an ageing Don's 100th Birthday Party and involving a Jimp in some capacity?

I'd forgotten about that one - wonder if it inspired Garth Ennis' Punisher scene of the same description  (and, in turn, the underwhelming film version)?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Richard

There's another story about a jimp at a gangster's birthday party, The Simping Detective: Fifteen, in Megazine 237, although I can't remember if the gangster was 100.

SpaceSpinner2000

The Fall Guy story coming to Space Spinner 2000 in a few weeks! ;)
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!