Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Not sure I wish to disclose whom I voted for but it certainly wasn't the BNP!

ZenArcade

Jeez Hawk, you're still voting for dinosaurs.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Gotta do it i'm afraid, other wise I can't really bring myself to critisise the system unless I do so.

ZenArcade

Well I went mostly vote Sauropod as opposed to Orthopod in antedieluvian choice menu. Z

ZenArcade

Sorry Hawk: lizard toe/foot and bird foot/toe...so my last should have been orinth? Z

Hawkmumbler

You got it correct buddy! But if we're gonna refer to the Tories as prehistoric reptilians they have to be pro-sauropoda. Big fat useless sods namely.

TordelBack

Yeah but your problem there Zen is the that Saurischians (lizard hipped) also include the Theropods, so when you vote Saurischian you just don't know whether you're getting a lumbering but essentially harmless suaropod or a pack of savage little bambiraptors. 

Best vote Ornithischian (bird hipped) - at least then your swarm of aimiable duck-bills are only really cut with Ceratopsids and Ankylosaurs, and that's not half bad.

I lost track of this metaphor some time ago, didn't I?

Hawkmumbler

NOnonono lets role with it! So long as this makes Screaming Lord Sutch a Therazinosauride, a sheep in lions clothing, then we can keep rolling. :lol:

The Legendary Shark

Prehistoric Mafia Party - youvotafaurus.
Prehistoric Neocon Party - lieterrorcops
Prehistoric SNP Party - ochayeoptionfix
I'll get me loincloth...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

I didn't vote Baryonyx, there was something fishy about it; I went for Troodon instead, it was the smart choice! Z

COMMANDO FORCES

Well, well, well!

This is absolutely hilarious, I didn't expect this much of a protest vote in the local elections, or is the country just full of horrible people :lol:

I'm listening to the bickering from party bigwigs as UKIP have become a little bit more than a fly in the ointment.

I wonder if this continues through the night!

COMMANDO FORCES

Dear me :D

From the BBC

The Conservatives have lost control of Maidstone Borough Council while UKIP has gained four seats.

Can't wait to watch the local news tonight.

Fungus

Don't like the common view that mid-term non-Westminster elections are simply 'protest'. By avoiding the tired old first-past-the-post system you can vote with your convictions (like the Scottish Parliament, hurray). I voted Green last night, a first... but it gets COUNTED. Could not bring myself to endorse any of the 'big' parties. Or the racists...
Watched no coverage of this yet but expect the usual whingeing of big cheeses. Sigh.

Frank

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 May, 2014, 02:26:40 AM
I didn't expect this much of a protest vote in the local elections, or is the country just full of horrible people :lol:

Not enough horrible people to give UKIP control of a single council.

Old Tankie

They only put up candidates in about half the seats that were up for election, so they were never going to control any councils.  It's about the percentage vote in the seats that they did stand in.  And from a standing start, in most cases, they've done very well.  Role on Sunday!