Main Menu

Andy Diggles Shadowland

Started by Link Prime, 20 February, 2012, 10:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Comixology normally have a Marvel sale every Monday- just picked up Andy Diggle's mini-epic 'Shadowland' for a paltry €3.95 (£3.45)
It's not the best Daredevil tale of all time, but may be of passing interest to former Tharg fans!

SmallBlueThing

And if you miss it, panini's mighty world of marvel monthly is currently printing the story. First three parts in the latest issue, £2.95, on sale for the next three and a half weeks. Quite enjoying it so far.

SBT

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 February, 2012, 10:01:31 PM
Comixology normally have a Marvel sale every Monday- just picked up Andy Diggle's mini-epic 'Shadowlands' for a paltry €3.95 (£3.45)
It's not the best Daredevil tale of all time, but may be of passing interest to former k.d lang fans!

FTFY :D
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

I wasn't a big fan after run of DD writers that I really enjoyed this I felt as a bit of a miss. The Daredevil issues themselves were better (as long as you'd read Shadowland) and the follow up 'Reborn' a step up again, but overall Andy Diggle has had the weakest run on DD for some time.

Now as I've said elsewhere the latest Waid stuff on the other hand, woh momma that's some good comics.

Professor Bear

I will take some convincing that Andy came up with Shadowland himself and wasn't drafted in to make an editorially-decreed crossover work when others baulked at the notion of doing "silly shit" with DD (a title about a superhero lawyer whose girlfriend is a zombie ninja, a setup which obviously lends itself to deadly angst above all else) so soon after a wangst-filled run of aimless po-faced misery for its own sake by some of the most notable white elephants working in superhero comics.  I don't care how much you've kissed the blarney stone, nobody walks onto a niche title and immediately talks a company into doing a line-wide 32-issue crossover around it.