Main Menu

Wii Points

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 04 January, 2008, 12:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

For those interested, the official Nintendo site now allows you to swap star points for Wii Virtual Console points - BUT they only have so many to give out at a time, so you need to be quick.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

The site has had a revamp too, presumably to catch Christmas Wii owners.

Look out for the never ending invasion of privacy if you register a game.

Link: http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/clubnintendo/" target="_blank">http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/clubnintendo/

Lock up your spoons!

SamuelAWilkinson

I may be being dumb, but I take it star points are the ones you get on the bit of card with every new game, yep?
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

WoD

That's right.  You used to be able to swap them for crap, now you can get some cool stuff - I got the boy a key-ring and a mini-cart.

monty--

I've just got a new Wii for Xmas. I like Super Mario Galaxy. Know of any other Triple A titles coming out?

WoD

Super Mario Galaxy is BRILLIANT.  I'm struggling to finish it completely to unlock Luigi for the boy.  Stunning level design though.

Resident Evil 4 is good and can be picked up at a good price if you shop round.

Mii's are fun to make and to send - get your Wii code posted up here and then put the other boarders in and you may get a visit or two.

The Amstor Computer

I've just got a new Wii for Xmas. I like Super Mario Galaxy. Know of any other Triple A titles coming out?

I'd recommend:

WarioWare Smooth Moves
Metroid Prime 3
Zack & Wiki
Geometry Wars Galaxies
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Center: New Blood
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Excite Truck
Endless Ocean
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes

...and that's just off the top of my head. Google them all and see what leaps out at you - IMO, they're all worth a purchase, but YMMV.

Enjoy! :-)

Dan Kelly

Can I second Endless Ocean loving it

Something Fishy

Is Endless Ocean good then?

I've been tempted but am not sure if it might get a little dull?

Something Fishy

I'd agree on a lot of that list BTW.  Love Resi 4 and Galaxy.

The Wii points thing is great, I got a couple of games from it.

WoD

OK - I need to know how many stars people have left until they get the full 120...I need 37.

The Amstor Computer

I have the full 120, plus a couple from "Super Luigi Galaxy". The one that I struggled on for quite a while was the Purple Coin challenge in Toy Time Galaxy - absolute bloody nightmare!

Once I've had a week or two on other games, I'm going back to complete the 120 stars with Luigi to unlock the final galaxy...

vzzbux

This is the must for all you WII heads. I would get one but its the wife's console and she isnt into any of the 1st persons.

V

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/11/nintendo-wii-zapper-announced/" target="_blank">Zapper

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

WoD

Amst - I'm impressed!  I wish you could send save games to save me some time...I'm struggling on lots of these - especially the ball ones!

Tiplodocus

So far I'd recommend:

RESIDENT EVIL 4 - Brilliantly atmospheric zombie and cave troll blasting fun.

ZELDA - TWILIGHT PRINCESS; it's very stop/starty at the beginning (diving off to a cut scene every two minutes) but once the main quest and dungeons kick in this is fantastic fantasy stuff.  Some cracking bosses and puzzles and using the Wii remote for sword fighting seems the most natural thing in the world.

CALL OF DUTY3 - WWII shooter in nice short chunks. Not too taxing and with some fun Wii tasks (getting elevation correct on field guns and mortars.  Didn't like the tank sections though.

WII SPORTS and WII PLAY - for pure pick up and play fun for all the family.  I recommend making a Jesus Mii and using him for boxing; he's easy to beat because he always turns the other cheek.

ENDLESS OCEAN - not played too much of this but it's a thing of beauty and very relaxing.  Anyone know how to get more than one track playing on the MP3 option?

I'm also enjoying TOMB RAIDER: ANNIVERSARY. If you've played the original TOMB RAIDER game then you'll get a terrible sense of deja vu but it's still good fun.

Tiny Tips absolutely loves SUPER MARIO GALAXY (he knocked off the sixty stars in 23 hours over 6 days) and I've been impressed by the little bits I've played.  Looking at some of the bits he's completed though it looks absolutely rock hard on later levels.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!