Main Menu

Wii Points

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 04 January, 2008, 12:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Kelly

Tips - re: Endless Ocean

I've not tried this, but once you have an mp3 plating there is an "MP3 playback" option available under the options once diving.  Can you choose a new MP3 here?

Once you reach a certain point you get all the Hayley Westenra tracks, plus a "medley" option which is great...

Dan

... 46 fish to go...

Tiplodocus

Aaah - that will be it - I've just not got far enough. Currently, we can only pick one track to play. Which is nice. I like to use Roddy Frame's SURF because a) it's a great track and b) it's vaguely ocean related.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SamuelAWilkinson

Also astonishingly brilliant - Lego Star Wars. All six films with six levels apiece plus dozens of shiny bonus bits, all rendered in everyone's favourite plastic toys.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Banners

Yeah, the song in "Endless Ocean" just loops. Let your arms enfold us, doobie, doobie, do...

And is it just me, or does that song make anyone else cry?

M@

WoD

one more star to collect...and it is not the Luigi Purple Coin one...so...I reckon I'll have SMG licked by tomorrow night!

mechanix81

God, that bloody Luigi's purple coins level. RAGE!!!!

and then having to do it again with Luigi!

Mechanix: 242 stars.
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

WoD

Just started again with Luigi, he's fast...

242 stars???  I take it that is FULLY complete then.  Is there something to make the struggle worthwhile at the end of it all??

Satanist

I'm on 109 stars and those purple coin levels are giving me THE RAGE.

I got Ghost Squad and a Zapper and it really is just like the arcades. Without the Neds  :-D
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

WoD

My progress in the Luigi Coin level was pretty much how I would have expected.  These type of levels really remind me of old school gaming where you had to learn a balance of the 'skills' involved in playing the game (or specific level) and also having to learn a pattern or route that worked for you to complete the thing.

If it helps, I went clockwise from the start and worked my way around - more-or-less!

The Amstor Computer

Ghost Squad = utter joy. A cheap port with great controls (calibration for the remote + no reticule = a near-as-damnit lightgun) and loads of replayability, plus the bizarre pleasure of Ninja Mode & terrorists with names like Alex Havoc.

As for SMG, yeah, 242 stars is your maximum - getting 240 unlocks the final galaxy and you can play this as Mario or Luigi, earning one of the two final stars with each. I don't think there's anything beyond this but I'm still working my way toward it.

BTW - Geometry Wars and Zack & Wiki are also out now and they both come highly recommended. One's a fantastic old-school shooter, expanded from the limited 360 version, the other is a wonderful point, click & waggle adventure with a pirate boy & his flying monkey.

WoD

I'm impressed with the plugging that Zack and Wiki's been getting on TV.

Anyone know if Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is available at the minute - always sold out round by me?

The Amstor Computer

Anyone know if Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is available at the minute - always sold out round by me?

Nope, still seems sold out. I know there were supply issues over Christmas, and though there was a big restock in the last week or so (it shot to the top of the UK All Formats chart again) it seems to have been snapped up. Crazy.

I, Cosh

I have almost finished Metroid Prime now and I'm on to the third level of Ikaruga. Then I've got Zelda: Wind Waker and Pikmin 2 to get through.
We never really die.

WoD

I picked up Zelda for the Wii for £20 a while back...I'll give it a go when I get time to work through Halo.

Jared Katooie

I really need to buy a Wii...

Oh, and can I just say that Super Smash Bros. Brawl looks set to be one of the best games ever made? Dont believe me?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/">Check it out.