Main Menu

Wii Points

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 04 January, 2008, 12:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wils

I suspect like most things, Mario games (and even the Wii itself) is a case of horses for courses. Not played Galaxy yet, but I think Super Paper Mario is a great little platformer/adventure with some nice RPG-lite elements to it.

WoD

My 360 is my favourite all time console though, if you can have such a thing!

Buddy

Looking fora good FPS for the wii, is that Metroid game any cop? is it even a FPS?

Not keen on the WWII firt person shooter games, not sure why. Prefer the more sci-fi - horror type games.

I, Cosh

I suspect like most things, Mario games (and even the Wii itself) is a case of horses for courses.

Of course. Sometimes I actually wonder if there's something wrong with me. Critics and magazines and, seemingly, everyone on else on Earth always seem to go completely gaga for Mario games but I'm left completely nonplussed. Chuckie Egg, Sonic the Hedgehog, Rathcet & Clank, even Spyro the bloody Dragon: all platformers I've enjoyed. SO I don't know what the problem is, but I hate the character, I hate all his stupid mates, I hate the look of his world and I find the games ponderous and dull.

As for the Wii: it's great fun to play with mates, but I can't imagine sitting down and playing a whole game by waving my arms about.
We never really die.

Radbacker

hopefully have a copy of Nights this arvo after work,  Mario Galaxies completely re-invigorasted my stale gaming existance.  Prior to its release I was seriously thinking of giving up gaming till I played the brilliance that is Galaxies, just had to play every day even if it was only for one star.  Any one got all of em yet, my house mates only needs two more of the bonus ones(collecting the coins) but he reckons he doesn't have a chance of getting the last two.

CU Radbacker

Devons Daddy

hi board
question.
how is nintendos live service.its unavailable here at this time. XBOX live is incredible hence why i bought a 360, but if the nintendos experience is good i am thinking of getting one for the ship?
please give me your thoughts and comments.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

WoD

There's no real on-line service for the Wii in the same way as LIVE DD.  You get channels, News, Weather, Mii Contest (which you can enter Mii's you create and vote on other peoples') and a shopping channel (for back catalogue games) - all these are free.  There's also a browser which is no longer available free.

Some games can be played on-line, but you tend to have to have the players' Wii code to enable you to link-up.  Some other games have a league listing function.

All in all, it is OK, but it is not competing with LIVE!

Devons Daddy

thanks WoD
this thread makes me want to buy one, but based on the online limits, i may look into a more economic game version. to remind you i live in SE Asia.

that would be slightly less then two pounds sterling per game.rather then forty? in the uk i guess.
this may be a poitn for game developers to recognise.
i bought a non chipped 360 so i could play live.it was worth the investment in games.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Hoagy

hi Wod I hope you wasn't offended by my rant. I hadn't sopoken of my feelings on the subject and I feel it was fair comment for this place. Maybe not,I don't know but it is definitely not a dig at anyone buying them. I had to air a view, is all

Wii is more family gaming and board game tradition console and I respect that.

For those who tend to use consoles as a form of narcoleptic, I prefer the sure fixers.

going my own way

Krom
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

ThryllSeekyr

Apparently Will Wright. Head of the team developing a game called 'Spore' agrees with you on the WIII console.

Link: http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7541" target="_blank">Just like to acouple of Game Cubes stuck...

SamuelAWilkinson

It's Chris Hecker who's in that article you reference there. Will Wright loves the Wii.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

ukdane

I've just discovered that both the Wii and the DS that I bought over here, don't include registration cards, so I can't join and get the benefits (or points) of the UK registraion site :-(
(Fair enough that I can't register to the UK site, but why isn't there a similar offer for DK owners?)
Cheers

-Daney