Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I'm also up-to-date on the DCEU but an entire phase behind on the MCU - shall have to remember to listen to that podcast once I'm caught up.

Eamonn Clarke

First book clubber Simon Belmont returns with a Treasury collection of Dr Mesmer's Revenge by Donne Avenell and Carlos Cruz. We recorded this at Thought Bubble and also got to discuss some other classic British comics including the Warlord Facebook group.

In your podcast app or on the website at
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2022/12/209-dr-mesmers-revenge.html

Sean SD

Looking forward to this episode on Dr Mesmer's Revenge Eamonn, just have to shout myself a copy of the book first  ;)

Sean SD

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 December, 2022, 11:53:21 AM
Cool. Let us know what you think, Sean

Will do Eamonn, haven't got a copy yet and I like to read the books before listening to the corresponding episode. Might be a while though as I've got about 40 MCBC podcasts to go lol

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Sean SD on 27 December, 2022, 12:31:17 PM

Will do Eamonn, haven't got a copy yet and I like to read the books before listening to the corresponding episode. Might be a while though as I've got about 40 MCBC podcasts to go lol
Sent you a message, Sean

Eamonn Clarke

Happy new year!
Jake Ebeling returns to help me celebrate the extraordinary life and works of Kevin O'Neill.
In your podcast app or on the website at
https://megacitybookclub.blogspot.com/2022/12/210-league-of-extraordinary-gentlemen.html

JayzusB.Christ

That's just lovely, that is.

I remember when I first saw the LOEG stuff I was a bit sad to see that Kev had simplified his style a bit, and wasn't doing that mad, metallic-looking hellscapes of Nemesis and Metalzoic any more, but looking back now, I realise that the man was still a true visionary genius.  We've lost one of the absolute best.

Anyway, now to listen to the podcast!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Sean SD

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 28 December, 2022, 11:56:21 AM
Quote from: Sean SD on 27 December, 2022, 12:31:17 PM

Sent you a message, Sean

PM sent to you Eamonn  :)

Colin YNWA

I was luckily enough to stumble across the Kickstarter for this - for the life of me can't remember how, might well have been recommended here? Anyway have a lovely hardcover copy and bits and bobs and can't recommend this title highly enough. Its exquiste, as that page ably shows.

Great addition to a great podcast.