Main Menu

I'm not enjoying the prog these days - and I know why.

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 15 September, 2013, 02:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

I'm not sure that it does. On some of the shorter more contained  stories it might, but I think you can tell when we shift back into Wagner Dredd territory. It takes on more weight and has a different tone. main storylines including chief judges, department structure, internal politics  , dredds attitudes and his family relationships develop and unfortunately, for whatever reason, the other writers are limited (or art least seem to be) in how much they can impact on these key plotlines. Other stories can be intelligent, entertaining and interesting tales of mega city 1, but they never feel like core Dredd.

As I've said, just my opinion. But I consider that I'm pretty much text book die hard 2000AD core readership (male, 41, reading since childhood, stuck through the 90's hard times) and as such I imagine thatI'm not alone in this opinion.

SIP

Anyway, none of this was ever intended as criticism....just a personal preference that I attach more significance to the Wagner dredds. You can't please everyone all of the time!

And my initial comment was only intended to state that I am enjoying grey area more than other aspects of the comic at the moment and hope it gets some long runs to develop further.

Cheers
Simon.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: SIP on 26 March, 2014, 07:19:58 PM
?... when we shift back into Wagner Dredd territory. It takes on more weight and has a different tone. main storylines including chief judges, department structure, internal politics  , dredds attitudes and his family relationships develop...

Oddly, this makes it sound deathly dull. But it isn't. How odd!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SIP

Ha, it does a bit.....but then that's why John Wagner is the writer and I'm the reader!