Main Menu

Folklore Thursday: Island

Started by pauljholden, 18 July, 2019, 11:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

That might be my favourite of the bunch. Absolutely lovely.

Any chance Al Ewing could write a Swamp Thing / Constantine series, and you could draw it PJ?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rately on 23 January, 2020, 01:30:20 PM
Any chance Al Ewing could write a Swamp Thing / Constantine series, and you could draw it PJ?

That's not Swamp Thing and Constantine. They're DC copyright and PJ would never infringe on their copyrights. That's, errrm... Marsh Bloke and Con Johnstantine. Honest.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

snigger...

again - a fine example of what can be done with a single page in the right hands.

Rately

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 January, 2020, 01:48:53 PM

That's not Swamp Thing and Constantine. They're DC copyright and PJ would never infringe on their copyrights. That's, errrm... Marsh Bloke and Con Johnstantine. Honest.

:-[  :lol:

pauljholden

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 January, 2020, 01:48:53 PM

That's not Swamp Thing and Constantine. They're DC copyright and PJ would never infringe on their copyrights. That's, errrm... Marsh Bloke and Con Johnstantine. Honest.

Uhm, it's actually Muckman and Jack. A cosmic crime fighting duo who use magic to take down various folklore creatures...

I'm sure we'll see them again (but probably not...)

pauljholden

Look, I'll not* lie - this is 100% what is happening right now.

(by which I mean this is absolutely a lie)

Rately

Quote from: pauljholden on 23 January, 2020, 02:30:39 PM

Look, I'll not* lie - this is 100% what is happening right now.

(by which I mean this is absolutely a lie)

:lol:

Well, I will keep the fingers, and just about everything else, crossed and hope the stars align and we get to see more from Muckman and Jack!

Funt Solo

The Keep on Truckin' thing I had only seen once before, from the Perry Bible Fellowship:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

pauljholden

Would love your (financial) support for this project: https://www.patreon.com/holdenreppion

We're coming up to an end of year 1 in July, I think, probably take a short break and come back with a year two project that is bigger in scope...

-pj

pauljholden

AT LAST! BEOWULF!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/folklore-beowulf-33684313

John will have an essay about Beowulf up on our patreon at about 1:30 today!

pauljholden

pauljholden

Colin YNWA

That one is absolutely fantastic!

Rogue Judge

Yeah that's my favorite one yet. A complete story on one page (that leaves you wanting more)

TordelBack

Definitely. And who knew PJ harboured a Rembrandt-like genius for self-portraiture.