Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

I always wondered if the BBC Micro was any good.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 12 January, 2016, 11:02:44 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 11 January, 2016, 08:12:32 PMthe LGBT spectrum

It was never as good as the LGBT C64.

Yes it was. Especially the +2 model that was bundled with the LGBT gun.

Hawkmumbler

Oh, sorry. LGBT Spectrum is the old model. It was superseded by the ZX Spectrum in 1982. ;)

JayzusB.Christ

So that's why it had rainbow stripes in the corner.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Satanist

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 11 January, 2016, 07:27:53 PM
I thought we were all on board that Caitlyn Jenner is an amazing beautiful woman who had the exquisite bravery of a beautiful butterfly flying against the wind - and then this shit flies out of people's mouths.

Southpark has been saying this for the last 3 months and has Jenner run over several people every week. Buckle up Buckaroo!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Professor Bear

Gays, politics, ZX Spectrums - if we can get werewolves, cheese and Manimal into this conversation, we basically have the perfect 2000ad Online thread.
A discussion about Knightlore ought to cover it.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 January, 2016, 08:17:43 PM
I dunno, maybe people who drink drive and kill a person but then bribe judges off in order to get away with it tend to rub me the wrong way? ::)

That is bad. I don't know much about Jenner as I don't watch or keep up with (see what I did there?) the TV shows or gossip mags.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 January, 2016, 05:33:45 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 12 January, 2016, 08:17:43 PM
I dunno, maybe people who drink drive and kill a person but then bribe judges off in order to get away with it tend to rub me the wrong way? ::)

That is bad. I don't know much about Jenner as I don't watch or keep up with (see what I did there?) the TV shows or gossip mags.
I must say though, that post of mine isn't half snide and condescending, is it? Sorry Tips, was only trying to point out my source for disliking Jenner so bitterly.

Tiplodocus

No worries - I always try (but sometimes fail) give a little more slack on the internet and email because it's hard to read tone and intent.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 13 January, 2016, 07:17:41 PM
No worries - I always try (but sometimes fail) give a little more slack on the internet and email because it's hard to read tone and intent.

Sheesh Tips, no need to be so bloody sarcastic.  >:(

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

We don't need no reasonable talk here, boy! Get outta me' forum!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tordelback on 13 January, 2016, 07:28:37 PM

Sheesh Tips, no need to be so bloody sarcastic.  >:(

You're pretending to be angry, TB, but your body language says something else entirely.

P.S. Knightlore! Yayy! That was our GTA back in the 80s.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

Knightlore is teh boss, but our GTA was Shirley Werewolves Of London - you could even go in the London Underground to lose the rozzers (but don't touch the electric rail).

I am beginning to think Comrade Corbyn is smarter than people give him credit for - possibly he even knows what he is doing - as today he went on telly and said "perhaps we could have nuclear submarines, but not have nuclear warheads in them" and now his critics are unironically announcing that this is a silly plan because you can't spend billions on nuclear submarines that will never be used to launch a nuclear weapon.
As The Sun might unironically say: "you couldn't make it up."

Old Tankie

"The Japan option", according to the Shadow Defence spokesperson, (said without a trace of irony).