Main Menu

2000 AD Southern Contingent Christmas Gathering - Sat 19th December 2015

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 October, 2015, 04:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

It's coming up to that most special time of the year again, so why not meet up with like minded folk, buy 2000 AD stuff and then go for a few pints and some grub, in that big city of London.

This time it's Saturday 19th December

If you don't know the drills, it's very easy. We all meet up at Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue between 12:00 - 13:00 and then wander down Neal Street (opposite the shop) and into The Crown and Anchor, which is on the left and is a corner building.

Last time we did a short pub crawl that took in some pubs with very loose connections to 2000 AD!

There is no obligation to stay to the end, or even make it in time for the shop. If you want to come along then any time will do. All are welcome, so don't be shy, just say hello and join in.

We do have a facebook page, (link below) which you can join, if you like to keep up with things but we do post on here during the day, if we remember ;)

2000 AD Southern Contingent Gathering

As always, new faces are more than welcome, as it's always good to put a face to a name and have a laugh about everything over a pint or two.

Proudhuff

Double up with the new Star Wars movie and you;ll have a cracking day out...

Good luck chaps hope you hit double figures  :D
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

Missed the summer one, so definately coming to this.

Already looking forward to tackling the trains - London a week before Christmas? What could go wrong...?
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

We'll be there.  Due to see the Force Awakens the day after, so not sure if it'd be a good idea to see it on the Saturday too...

SuperSurfer

This gathering is a few days after a big work deadline for me – so looking forward to it.

Albion

There's a Christmas Special signing at Forbidden Planet the week before.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mardroid

Tickets available?
I went to the website here but saw nothing about tickets. I know in the past signing I went to, it was just a matter of going in.

But anyway, either date is fine with me. Whatever you guys decide. (I probably won't pay for tickets to sign, though, although I'd happily buy a hard copy of the Christmas Prog for the privelege. Heh.)

COMMANDO FORCES

DATE CHANGE
NOW THE
12TH DECEMBER

This is due to the signing the week before. The facebook group date has been changed and people notified. I'll pm all who have replied in here just to confirm. It'll be doubling up but it's better to be safe, than sorry!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

sheridan

Leaving in a bit - as she posted to facebook, Rachael is at a charity event today so won't be able to make it :-(

Albion

Sorry i couldn't make it. My youngest "sort of grandson" stayed last night and it's my works dinner tonight so it just wasn't to be.
Have fun my fellow Southers.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

Another fun day :D

Travelled up on the train with a droid, grabbed some sustenance and went into the bowels of Forbidden Planet for the well attended signing. At the end a sixth droid turned up and a few of us coerced him into also signing the Prog.

Later on in the pub, the draw for the signed America book took place, with an extra two names added. It was filmed and that will go online soon but the winner was.........