Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Ah, Samuel, that's tough. You hang in there, and rely on this geekfest as much as you need to!

All the best, mate.

- Trout

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: "SamuelAWilkinson"Today marks exactly one month since my dear old Dad lost his fight with cancer and died.

Even though you didn't know it at the time, you guys have been a real support to me just by carrying on the usual board antics and providing me with an easy-to-access place to find something to crack a smile at. I'm not good at this sort of stuff (particularly with people I've never actually met), but I just wanted to say thanks to the lot of you for being here and doing your collective things. It's nice to know that normal stuff carries on.

Cheers.

Sorry for your lost, and apologies if my typical boorishness led to any offence.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

I just found out that Nancy Bird Walton passed away on the 13th of this month aged 93.
She was one of the early female pilots and she's also had an Airbus A380 named after her in the Quantas fleet.
They don't make them like her very often.

Hoagy

"Nancy Bird Walton"

Didn't she go on 20 questions with Groucho Marx?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Batman's Superior Cousin

Bob May, best remembered for playing The Robot on the TV Series "Lost In Space", passed away early Sunday morning of congestive heart failure.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Tanky

Bouwel

John Updike, author.

Is the Angel of Death on comission at the moment?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

satchmo

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "satchmo"The wonderful John Martyn.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/gla ... 858458.stm

FFS !!! :shock: and anger.

I am going to listen to Sundays Child now.He was living in Hastings when he wrote that LP and Solid Air.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Also passed, Charles Schneer who produced many of those amazing Ray Harryhausen monster films, including Jason & the Argonauts (my absolute childhood holiday favorite!) and 7th Voyage of Sinbad.

DavidXBrunt

Kim Manners prolific director of television drama, including many episodes of The X-Files. He also directed the first episode of Supernatural, amongst others, and the first episode of season four.

If you're not watching Supernatural you should. More fun than you can imagine.

Roger Godpleton

Billy Powell, keyboardist in Lynard Skynard.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bouwel

Hans Beck, the inventor of Playmobil.

Does this mean we can expect a funeral or crematorium set soon?

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

johnnystress

Cramps Singer Lux Interior Dead At 62

Lux Interior, lead singer of The Cramps, passed away this morning due to an existing heart condition at Glendale Memorial Hospital in Glendale, California at 4:30 AM PST today. Lux has been an inspiration and influence to millions of artists and fans around the world. He and wife Poison Ivy's contributions with The Cramps have had an immeasurable impact on modern music.

The Cramps emerged from the original New York punk scene of CBGB and Max's Kansas City, with a singular sound and iconography. Their distinct take on rockabilly and surf along with their midnight movie imagery reminded us all just how exciting, dangerous, vital and sexy rock and roll should be and has spawned entire subcultures. Lux was a fearless frontman who transformed every stage he stepped on into a place of passion, abandon, and true freedom. He is a rare icon who will be missed dearly.