Main Menu

Calling all artists (again!)

Started by Tanky, 10 October, 2007, 10:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanky

Shamelessly and hopefully reposted for those without Myspack and Arsebook...

Calling all pros, amateurs and anyone who fancies having a go!

In short, I need some artwork doing for a series of posters, flyers and other assorted promotional things to do with my various rock nights. Reply if you're interested and I'll send you the full details. Goes without saying, but small-press rules apply. however, if someone awesome wants to take on the whole 'branding' project, I'm sure something better can be arranged.

Also, how would I go about arranging to use an existing bit of art fairly and legally? Do artists hold their own copyright, or is that a publisher thing?

Cheers all x

pauljholden

Copyright: depends on the material - if it's been published by Rebellion/2000AD then the copyright usually resides with Rebellion (unless it's creator owned - as with Buttonman and a few other things).

Marvel and DC will almost always hold the copyright on published work.

If it's unpublished - say, for example, a Judge Dredd sketch, the copyright, as I understand it, is held by the artist but as the character belongs to Rebellion he can't just go ahead and print it.

So, to sum up: depends. (Best thing is to contact the publisher AND the artist - if you can secure permission from both then you're on safe ground)

Tanky

Many thanks pj.

Incidentally arty people, I've just struck a deal which means this is now a paying job with the strong possibility of a crapload of publicity. E-mail me through the board if this changes your minds.

xTGx