Main Menu

Bring back KROOM SKREE!

Started by Dandontdare, 13 September, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I find the members listing very unwieldy - who are all these thousands of users with no posts who simultaneously joined on Mon Jun 23, 2008 at 9:32 am?

i found the old system where you could easilly see active users who've posted in the last year was much easier to use. There are just too many pages of the new list and not enough useful ways to manipulate and filter the data.

Wake

June 23rd was when I transferred the registration database from the old site to the new forum. That would have been the default join date for everyone, but I decided to use the earliest post date for anyone who had posted on the old board. No actual join date information was stored. On the old site there were lots of things you could do with your registration apart from just post on the board: enter competitions, use the thrillviewer, vote on stories, list original artwork, etc. Once the new site is fully functional, there may be other uses for the registrations so it would be premature to delete everyone who hasn't posted on the board.

Dandontdare

I guessed there may have been a mass data-transfer, and I'm not suggesting these guys all get deleted, but a function that allowed us to to view only active (ie in last year, or even at all!) posters, would be really helpful. Sorting the list by rank is one way, but I still seem to have to click on page after page to find anyone's particular details.

It's only a minor niggle though - congrats are in order for the general revamp of the forum, it's excellent! :) Can't wait to see what the rest will be like!

Wake

Have you noticed that you can also sort by "Last Active" (two clicks for recent first) and "Joined" as well as use the Find a Member form which allows several aspects to be specified?

Devons Daddy

loved the old kroom skree.
but have to say WOW!!!!!!!!  :o

guy goes to the frozen cursed earth for six months, (alaska)and comes home to find this. talk about outstanding.
very impressed.

good to see you WAKE. i am sure your part of a team with this. but none the less. outstanding.
good to be back.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I used the Koom Skree, too.

I wonder if the new one could list our status - I'm a few posts away from 2000. I wonder if I get an upgrade from Posting MAchine at that point?
Lock up your spoons!