Main Menu

Durham Red Tattoo

Started by Scottiepunk, 26 October, 2008, 09:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

No but if there was a Coldplay thread you'd be welcome to post. The problem is it's a public forum. You put something up for response you shouldn't only get 'oooh's and 'ah!'s.

The comment on Rufus' was me attempting to vocalise ideas and see if I was getting to closer to how people feel about things.

So there you go.

LARF

I have two dogs.

I don't have any tattoos.

When the dogs have been left unattended in the kitchen, and subsequently emptied the bin of all it's contents, grabbed the bread off the side in a lightening raid and then spent the rest of the evening curled up farting the question of 'what is the point?' shimmers across my mind whilst I kick them out in the garden and clear up.

The culprits...

DavidXBrunt

Ah, the cool dog and the nerdy ginger dog. Happy days.

Scottiepunk

Quote from: "LARF"I have two dogs.

I don't have any tattoos.

When the dogs have been left unattended in the kitchen, and subsequently emptied the bin of all it's contents, grabbed the bread off the side in a lightening raid and then spent the rest of the evening curled up farting the question of 'what is the point?' shimmers across my mind whilst I kick them out in the garden and clear up.]
Ha ha ha ha ha, fantastic. I've only got 1 dog, but I feel your pain.

Queen Firey-Bou

wierdly since my 3 dogs became reduced to one, we've had an increase in the level of bin raiding bread stealing type behavior... not to mention window smashing, door scratching, deer chasing, postie 'menacing', prog biting...
pain in the arse, but we still love them don't we. I hate haircuts though you'd have to be really stupid to have a haircut, except  Thargs haircut, Thats an important statement.

Peter Wolf

I have thought about having one small tattoo but i am put off by the fact that they dont age well and become blurred.I also wouldnt choose off the shelf designs and if i do get one then i want a facsimile of the design i have chosen and i wouldnt give the artist any artistic licence.I would just want them to copy it *exactly*.I am hairy so most places are out of the question except just below the shoulder and back.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

starman-2112

blimey david, talk about opening a can of worms mate, i agree that everyone is entitled to there opinion and if you don't like them or don't see the point thats fine but!, my gripe and yes scottie did ask,was the fact you basically slagged his tatt off and said it was a good candidate for the worst tattoo post, that seemed harsh mate considering you've got none yourself. A lot of people including me and scottie have these for ourselves, not for anyone else, there is nearly always a personnel reason for havin one and whether they look shite when we get old is something you just accept. People with tatts don,t judge others with them ( at least the the people i know with them don't) b,cus they don't know the reason behind having it in the first place, and as for the pet shop boys and kylie mate, seen em both  live, very good mate.  :)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

So I've no tattoos myself but I can see the artistic merit in them and I relies how they can help people commemorate events of there life but I too have never seen the point of people getting tribal designs.

Roger Godpleton

Just to add further fuel to the fire there are plenty of examples where tattoos contribute to a negative herd mentality, for example football hooligans.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

satchmo

Spoiler for tonight's Survivors:

[spoiler]Tom Price's prison tat let him down big time tonight...[/spoiler]

Peter Wolf

Ultimatly its something that you do for yourself that says something about you and you shouldnt *have* to justify it to anyone.Theres a lot of considerations and it should never be an impulse or wanting to belong.I dont know its up to the individual what they do to themselves and i dont have the right to condemn or criticise but we all do it anyway.I cant see the point in piercings [and LOADS of other things] and i cringe when i see them.

Another mans poison etc.

Whatever anyway.

Pets: You either like Animals or you dont and if you dont then fair enough but if you do then the fact that Dogs can be a pain in the arse at times the fact that they bring pleasure and friendship etc usually outweighs the hassle factor so you tolerate it and the same goes for cats to a far lesser degree as Cats arent hassle.I always had pets [cats and dogs] growing up and if there isnt a Cat or Dog in my life somewhere then something is missing from my life as its good to have an alternative to Human company.Taking a friends dog [Alaskan Malamute] out for a run or to the beach is one of the most enjoyable things in my life.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Quote from: "DavidXBrunt"Ah, the cool dog and the nerdy ginger dog. Happy days.
Arthur Fonzarelli Dog and Richie Cunningham Dog?

Quote from: "starman-2112"and as for the pet shop boys and kylie mate, seen em both live
Me too! I'm quite certain Pet Shop Boys would've had a better atmosphere almost anywhere but Cardiff - a sparse and muted crowd, and only three weeks before the Millennium celebrations, too. I also saw them on the platform at Durham railway station, but that wasn't a gig. Kylie Minogue was super-duper, but I felt like a consumer and a passive spectator at that one. It was more of a spectacle than an experience, but I'm glad I went, even so.
STRIKE !!!

Satanist

Quote from: "Godpleton"Just to add further fuel to the fire there are plenty of examples where tattoos contribute to a negative herd mentality, for example football hooligans.

I have a shaved head AND tattoos so I'm off to join the BNP cos thats where I fink ah'll fit in.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tanky

Ahh, this old chestnut again!
Wise meme once say...
The difference between people with tattoos and people without? People with tattoos don't care if you don't have any.
 :mrgreen:

starman-2112

couldn't agree more mate and thanks for tha compliment