Main Menu

Cartoonist RICK GRIMES (Taboo, The One) FAN SITE!

Started by 7devonapes, 26 January, 2009, 01:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7devonapes

If anyone if interested, there is now a non-profit fan website dedicated to the work of one-of-a-kind 'cartoonist extraordinaire', RICK GRIMES, at http://www.rickgrimesfansite.net

Grimes created a number of original stories (or strips, if you like) for various adult and underground comic book publications from 1976 to 2004, including: Manticore, The Journal of Popular Culture, Parade of Gore, Omnibus, Third Rail, Dr. Wirtham's Comix And Stories, The One, Dogstar, Taboo, Hyena, Roarin' Rick's Rare Bit Fiends, Heavy Metal, and The Starry Wisdom: A Tribute to H.P. Lovecraft.

Among the weird, wonderful, and downright disturbing characters Rick created over these near 30 years, such oddities include: Weird Dick, Puzz Fundles, Meemo, Thripey Skake, Von Sticky, Primitive Iggy, Gluggiggla, Spiketball Bobo, Little Gladys Goomergutts, Foofny Noof, Subterranean Forehead, Thurman Throbble, etc.

On January 22nd 2009, the Grimes fan site received a 'plug' on renowned writer/artist, Stephen R. Bissette's Official website at http://www.srbissette.com.

- Ryan H.
mailto:dogginfo@gmail.com">dogginfo@gmail.com

Ignatzmonster

Spam spamming spam. Justice is a crapshoot away everyday.

7devonapes

Not spam, buddy. Just trying to help spread the word about the site, as I assumed some 2000 AD fans might be interested, considering the 'alternative' style of Grimes' work.

- 7devonapes

TordelBack

Surely t'aint spam if it's non-profit and on topic (i.e. of interest to lowbrow types like us lot)?  Unsolicited, yes, unwanted, no.  

Without clicking on those links yet, I always thought Rick Grimes was just Rick Veitch being clever, particularly Puzz Fundles.  Every day's a school day ('cept when it's a snow day!)

7devonapes

Hi TordelBack,

Absolutely non-profit and fan-made, though with what will be regular assitance from Grimes himself. Not all 2000 AD fans are low-brow I would assume, though many I'm sure love their "cheap thrills"... I too am a long-time fellow 2000 AD fan, for a good 13 years now, on and off. I own a full-page Chris Weston fully-painted page from the Judge Dredd Yearbook 1993 "Rogue Trooper: Enfleshings" strip (pg 6.), along with two original Anthony Williams "Mean Arena" pages. Then of course, there is a couple other nice Weston pieces, and my soon to be proposed commision peice featuring Canon Fodder's "Mycroft Holmes". Ok, so not a HUGE fan of later, though WAS a pretty biog fan back in the day - only now just getting back into it, though it's not the 'megazine' what it was, from what I gather...

Probably the wrong place to announce the Grimes fan site as such, though I thought it couldn't hurt, right? A big mag, and a well-known name, always good for a 'plug' in some way, as such.

I do hope you (and anyone else for that matter) do take a peek at the Grimes fan site, as it will be somewhat (when possible) regularly updated with word/news from the man himself, and does contain some interest for fans of underrated/overlooked oddball strips such as 'Puzz Fundles', etc. Glad to hear that you did indeed like Puzz Fundles (or I assume you did), and apprciate the 'not spam' back up as such.

I will never know snow...

- 7devonapes
www.rickgrimesfansite.net
mailto:dogginfo@gmail.com">dogginfo@gmail.com

TordelBack

Had a good poke around the site, plenty of stuff to enjoy there.