Main Menu

Snow joke.

Started by mogzilla, 06 January, 2010, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Yes, you can be sued if someone slips on the step going up to your house. And the sidewalks, though council owned, are considered part of your property...however I'm not so sure if you could be sued if someone to slip on your walkway.

To be honest, I've never heard of anyone being sued, much less winning a case, on account of a slippery walk. When the entire State is ice-bound, not much you can do to prevent slipping.

Noisybast

My girlfriend and I made a little snowman (about 2 feet tall) on top of the gatepost outside my house late last night.
By 8.30 am this morning, some horrible little bastard had dismembered him.

Rest in pieces, little fella...  :'(
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tanky

The last time we had snow like this round my way was about 15 years ago. I'm having a lovely time!
Right, I'm off down the park with Booga's husky and a load of other people who're old enough to know better for an apocalyptic snowball fight.

And to build a ten foot snowcock

laters x

House of Usher

We went out last night for a walk after midnight after a couple of inches of snow had settled and it was still falling. That was nice.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to start my new job before Monday though. I'm still waiting for some necessary documents to arrive by post, but even had they arrived today I couldn't really see myself taking the car out. Hopefully better weather or at least clearer roads by the time the paperwork has arrived.
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

Snowing heavily here in Kildare now

JayzusB.Christ

Was just wondering what the Kildare weather was like, Johnny. I'm in my folks' house in County Meath, where it's also pissing snow - have to get back to Leixlip tomorrow. Should be an absolute joy on my 50cc scooter.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Laying it on thick out in Citywest too - had to battle home and rescue the sprog from Montessori, the wife has been stuck on the M50 for hours.  Sent all my lads and lassies home too, although its apparently still clear up in Fingal.

There must have been 3 inches here in the last half hour, over an inch from earlier and an inch of solid ice below that.  A bit more and it's out with my AT-AT for a photo session!

Question:  It's been icy for a fortnight now.  Why has half the road-using population still not copped on?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 January, 2010, 02:05:55 PM
Laying it on thick out in Citywest too - had to battle home and rescue the sprog from Montessori, the wife has been stuck on the M50 for hours.  Sent all my lads and lassies home too, although its apparently still clear up in Fingal.

There must have been 3 inches here in the last half hour, over an inch from earlier and an inch of solid ice below that.  A bit more and it's out with my AT-AT for a photo session!

Question:  It's been icy for a fortnight now.  Why has half the road-using population still not copped on?

Isnt Montessori a kind of school ?

Its snowing here now as well.Quite fine snow and not particularly deep.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 January, 2010, 01:59:02 PM
where it's also pissing snow

Surely it pisses rain - Shitting snow maybe?

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Lady Festina

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 January, 2010, 03:05:23 PM
Cumming snow, then.

If yours appears in flakes, you should definitely see a doctor.

M.I.K.

That mini looks depressed.

Van Dom

Quote from: johnnystress on 06 January, 2010, 01:52:22 PM
Snowing heavily here in Kildare now

Ohoh! I live in Kildare (Newbridge) and the wife has just rang me and told me to get the hell home, NOW! Think I better get my skates on...or skiis...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Legendary Shark

Just in case anyone's at a loose end due to snow, I've opened the chatroom early.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]