Main Menu

Lost: final season (starts on 5th Feb at 21:00 on SKY1)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 01 February, 2010, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

Alright fine, but look at your own peril:

It's a [spoiler]who[/spoiler]

And if you really want to know..... [spoiler]it's Desmond[/spoiler]

Which I think goes someway to explaining Lindelof's hint about next week.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Van Dom

Now that you've placed the temptation
before me.......I'm not going to look!  :lol:
I'll come back and comment once I've seen it!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Interesting. I can't imagine what it might mean but....very interesting!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Well! This weeks episode certainly does "change the conversation!"

[spoiler]So what did we learn from this weeks show. The "sidewards" world is a real world that has a connection to the "island world". Eloise knows about it. In this world some people have had their "perfect life" created (Jack, Hurley, Desmond, Sawyer, Faraday for example) while others don't seem to have(Kate, Claire, Jin/Sun, Sayid, Ben for example). Faraday, Charlie and Desmond have all had flashes of recollection to what happened to them on the island.... and now it seems like the Desmond in both realities is aware of stuff that happens to him in each!!!!
So what is this sidewards world? Some bubble reality Jacob has created for all these people, so that the "goodies" can live out their perfect lives?

Something else I'm trying to figure out - Remember last week Locke told Claire that Kates name wasn't on the wall "any more". So that means she isn't a candidate anymore? So the six candidates are - Jack , Hurley, Sawyer...who else? Either Jin or Sun but not both of them. The other 2? Sayid? Probably not since he's now zombie-Sayid. Ben maybe? I'm pretty unclear on that one...

Cant believe theres only about five episodes left?!!??[/spoiler]

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

JOE SOAP

It may be that one is the MIB world and the other Jacob's.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 April, 2010, 07:46:50 AM
Have we seen Locke in the side-flashes?

Cheers!

Jim

Yes, he was living with his girlfriend.

Van Dom

Come to think of it Locke's life in the side-flashes doesnt seem all that bad either. Not perfect as he is still crippled but he certainly seems a lot more content than he did in the "real" world...

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

the shutdown man

I'm wondering what exactly Desmond intends to show the survivors in sideways world? That their happier lives were not meant to happen?

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Van Dom

Quote from: the shutdown man on 08 April, 2010, 09:12:01 AM
I'm wondering what exactly Desmond intends to show the survivors in sideways world? That their happier lives were not meant to happen?

He wants to try and jog their memories of their other existance somehow...you'd think he'd leave well enough alone, I mean, his life is pretty good and he's met Penny now and it seems like he will be able to win her over...

I'm also wondering what "alterna-Desmond" wants to do on the island, he's been very non-chalant about everything since being fried, going off with Sayid as if he was expecting Sayid to turn up. How will he know what he is supposed to do if Widmore is not there to show him???

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

the shutdown man

Quote from: Van Dom on 08 April, 2010, 09:38:10 AM

He wants to try and jog their memories of their other existance somehow...you'd think he'd leave well enough alone, I mean, his life is pretty good and he's met Penny now and it seems like he will be able to win her over...

I'm also wondering what "alterna-Desmond" wants to do on the island, he's been very non-chalant about everything since being fried, going off with Sayid as if he was expecting Sayid to turn up. How will he know what he is supposed to do if Widmore is not there to show him???

That's what I can't figure out. He seemed happier in his sideways life, so unless he just knows that the sideways universe is wrong, and he's got to wake everyone up to that....but still, what will that accomplish?

And, your "alterna-Desmond on the Island" remark; You're saying that the two Dessies have switched?

Van Dom

No, I just didn't know what to call him! But its clear that when he woke up in the shack he remembered what he'd just been doing in the side-world, cos he looked at his hand that Penny had just been holding, then got all smiley and doo-lally. Has he realised that there's a separate timeline branching off from the one he is in, in which he has a pretty fandabbydoozy life, and in order to make sure that timeline continues he's prepared to make any kind of sacrifice necessary on the island, ie, by wiping the island out? Or whatever? That could be his motivation.

What his other self is thinking by trying to jinx his wonderful life I dont know.

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

the shutdown man

After this week's ep, I'm wondering... Is Desmond really the new Jacob?
I know he's not a candidate, but look at it; In one reality he's going from one survivors to another, doing whatever it takes to nudge them towards the Island. In the other, he's calmly accepting his fate when facing Locke. Sounds very Jacob-like. I wonder if he turns out to be the new Jacob, while the other candidates are actually candidates for something else.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

That's fantastic Shutdown, well deduced. This might also connect back to the idea of "Desmond will be my constant".
Just to add how fantastic the episode was. With only five episodes left and on obvious conclusion in sight, I cant wait to see wait to see what happens.