Main Menu

Lost: final season (starts on 5th Feb at 21:00 on SKY1)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 01 February, 2010, 04:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I suppose I'll have to watch this just to see if it is possible for the writers to actually find a way to tie everything up and end the thing well ::)
By the way it's a double episode opener.

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

PS - starts on the Thursday night on RTE for any Irish boarders.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

The Legendary Shark

I'm glad I can't afford to waste my money on Sky TV. Thank you, Calamitous Recession, for your unexpected boons!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Van Dom

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 February, 2010, 04:54:57 PM
I'm glad I can't afford to waste my money on Sky TV. Thank you, Calamitous Recession, for your unexpected boons!

I'm sure you'll be able to, ahem, own-day oad-lay it the next day sharky...

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 01 February, 2010, 04:18:51 PM
Well I suppose I'll have to watch this just to see if it is possible for the writers to actually find a way to tie everything up and end the thing well ::)

I think it's something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aRwky0W5Y
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Van Dom

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

With it starting tomorrow, Groundhog Day, in the United States, they will probably be repeating/reliving a previous day or event.
That, or it will predict six more weeks of winter.

the shutdown man

Just saw the first two eps, an excellent start to the season as expected. I managed to avoid watching the five minute preview posted earlier this week, so the opening of the episode was a real kicker; [spoiler]What the hell is Desmond doing on the plane?[/spoiler] At least one big question gets an answer, but there are as always, plenty more. And the flashbacks/flashforwards are now [spoiler]timeline on the Island/timeline off the Island with no crash and no-one knows each other[/spoiler]. Let's see them fix that one.....
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I taught it was a great start and set things up nicely for the rest of the season.

[spoiler]The time travel plot seams to have been exchanged to a parallel universe plot, which looks very promising. The one thing that did bug me was, how did the campervan travel through time with them, I don't recall this happening before now. I was also wondering if Christian Shephard was in fact the black smoke now that we know it appears to take the form of dead characters or is he just something else altogether.[/spoiler]

the shutdown man

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 04 February, 2010, 10:33:44 PM
I taught it was a great start and set things up nicely for the rest of the season.

[spoiler]The time travel plot seams to have been exchanged to a parallel universe plot, which looks very promising. The one thing that did bug me was, how did the campervan travel through time with them, I don't recall this happening before now. I was also wondering if Christian Shephard was in fact the black smoke now that we know it appears to take the form of dead characters or is he just something else altogether.[/spoiler]

Hmmm..... [spoiler]the campervan issue hadn't occured to me. Maybe it had just been left there untouched since 1977?  As for Christian, I still reckon he's something else. In the wheel cave, before Locke leaves the Island, Christian tells him to bring everyone back, and he emphasises that it has to be everyone. Since Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc. seem to be Jacob's people, why would Christian want them brought back if he was actually the monster? I think he's some kind of neutral party in all this. That's my theory anyway. [/spoiler]

Professor Bear

The ending won't make everyone happy no matter how it turns out, but I find it helps if every five minutes that goes by in Lost, you click this link to experience its tedious unpredictability as the producers intended: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdhhQhqi_AE

[spoiler]So this season has ditched the Slaughterhouse 5 angle in favor of Sliding Doors as inspiration?  It also seems a bit like one of the plots from the brief five-second period that Marvel's Cable was actually a decent sci-fi comic.  And also the plot to an episode of Star Trek: Voyager.
The island looked okay for somewhere a nuclear bomb had gone off, I thought.  What we're watching isn't how things would actually have turned out if the crash hadn't happened - it's an entirely new timeline where things would have turned out differently on the island, as certain pivotal characters aren't on the plane (Ana Lucia, Shannon, Walt, Michael).[/spoiler]

Mardroid

Quote from: the shutdown man on 03 February, 2010, 10:06:20 PM
[spoiler]What the hell is Desmond doing on the plane?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]He wouldn't have been sent to the hatch because in this timeline there is no hatch it being destroyed decades before. Mind you, that still doesn't really answer your question, as that just explains why he isn't on the island. Fate is a major theme in Lost though.
[/spoiler]

Quote from: Professah Byah on 05 February, 2010, 12:14:31 PM

[spoiler]certain pivotal characters aren't on the plane (Ana Lucia, Shannon, Walt, Michael).[/spoiler]

I think it's possible [spoiler]that those characters are on the plane. We just don't see them as they're not intrinsic to this story (and maybe they couldn't get the actors back).[/spoiler]

Anyhow, I just saw the first two episodes (I waited for the telly version) and I'm enjoying it a lot. [spoiler]I wasn't too sure about a whole other bunch of Others appearing out of nowhere (how many people are hiding away on this island?), although it didn't bother me that much[/spoiler] but it's great, weird, thought provoking stuff.

I wonder at the somewhat different change in role of the [spoiler]smoke monster/Locke 2. In the past it/he seemed to function as a kind of judge. Now it/he seems to have a whole agenda of it's own. Mind you those judgemental acts could be all part of that I guess. Or it just likes to mess with people for thrills. An interesting, actually slightly disturbing character though. I like the whole circle protection thing. Very occult. Heh.[/spoiler]

the shutdown man

My friend's theory regarding the end of this week's ep:

[spoiler]Sayid is now Jacob.[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: the shutdown man on 06 February, 2010, 11:58:24 AM
My friend's theory regarding the end of this week's ep:

[spoiler]Sayid is now Jacob.[/spoiler]

I thought something similar too, what with the water becoming dirty after Jacob's death.