Main Menu

I don't understand something about comic fans

Started by Cyberleader2000, 22 February, 2010, 01:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

I don't understand why comic fans are obsessed with who writes what and what artiste drew for which story can some one explain why people gets so obsessed to the point where they seam to follow what those people like stalkers.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

TordelBack

The clue may be in the question:  they're fans.  If they weren't interested in the who and why of their comics, they'd be casual consumers.   

Van Dom

Well, everyone has their favourites, favourite actors, favourite authors, favourite singers, favourite directors etc etc, and when you do have a favourite you do tend to navigate yourself towards all of their work. So if I like David Lynch movies, I will keep up to date with any new projects he is working on and be aware of it and when/if it comes out I will go and see it. Or if I like Aerosmith I won't just have one of their albums in my collection, I will have them all.... Its the same thing isnt it? If I like Ian Gibson's art or Al Ewing's writing I will keep an eye out for more of their work so I don't miss it and can enjoy it like I've enjoyed their previous stuff. I wouldn't say its obsessive. I don't sit outside their houses waiting to take pictures of them working...
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

locustsofdeath!

Some of us might ask why you continue to stalk this forum.

Professor Bear

Following footy stars in a more obsessive manner than comics fans follow their favorite writer or artist is a socially-accepted practice because there's more of them than there are of us and might makes right.

Simple as that, really.

JayzusB.Christ

People often buy books because they liked the same author's other books. As the man says, simple as that.

As for stalkers, well, who knows what goes on in their heads.  Obsessive fans are obsessive fans, no matter what the medium.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Who is following creators around to the extent that they are stalking them ?

I wasnt aware of any of that type of thing going on .

Anyway why do you build plastic models of Gundam figures or whatever they are called that are like your fidgeting avatar ?

Why do you obsess over your Japanese Manga or Anime or whatever its called ?

Why did your list of favorite music consist entirely of japanese music ?

Why do you obsessively build and collect action figures ?

If you understand why you do all of these things and probably more then you should be able to understand and answer your own question.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteI don't understand why comic fans are obsessed with who writes what and what artiste drew for which story can some one explain why people gets so obsessed to the point where they seam to follow what those people like stalkers.

Just another thing:  Fair play, your spelling really has improved a lot in a short time, and as such your posts are much easier to read. I have to admit I avoided your posts at first because they were so confusing.
Hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism:  Put some full stops in after each sentence; it'll make your posts much more readable.  
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 February, 2010, 02:02:56 PM

Anyway why do you build plastic models of Gundam figures or whatever they are called that are like your fidgeting avatar ?

If you understand why you do all of these things and probably more then you should be able to understand and answer your own question.

Truth be told im not shure why im obsess with thros things I just am. This is one of the reasons my collechions drive my parents up the wall.  :lol:
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 22 February, 2010, 03:00:13 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 February, 2010, 02:02:56 PM

Truth be told im not shure why im obsess with thros things I just am. This is one of the reasons my collechions drive my perents up the wall.  :lol:

Its probably because you like those things a lot and are very enthusiastic about them the same way i am about 2000ad artists or strips.Its the main reason i picked a pencil and a brush and taught myself how to draw in the same style.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

House of Usher

I don't understand people who enthuse over fabulous artwork to the point of actually being prepared to pay for the comic, but don't actually care whether the story is any good or not. I don't care how good the artwork is; if the script is crap it's not something I want to read or spend my money on.
STRIKE !!!

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: House of Usher on 22 February, 2010, 10:58:00 PM
I don't understand people who enthuse over fabulous artwork to the point of actually being prepared to pay for the comic, but don't actually care whether the story is any good or not. I don't care how good the artwork is; if the script is crap it's not something I want to read or spend my money on.

I agree for me the same applies to games I could not give a flying monkey's arse if it has good graphics or with a comic. If it has good artwork but it's got a crap story I don't like it
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

JayzusB.Christ

I'll third that.  I know quite a few people too who buy comics on the strength of the artwork alone.  Not for me at all; if it's a shit story Leonardo da Vinci resurrected can't save it.