Main Menu

I don't understand something about comic fans

Started by Cyberleader2000, 22 February, 2010, 01:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Mikey on 24 February, 2010, 12:38:51 PM
I don't think Gordon is referring to you TS...maybe he's suggesting someone who comes to a comic based messageboard and questions why people are fans of comics isn't really playing the same game as us?

M.

I did not question why people are fans of comics I was asking why people absoses over certain artistes or writers.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Mikey

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 24 February, 2010, 01:39:47 PM
...I was asking why people absoses over certain artistes or writers.

i.e. fans, fanboys, geeks whatever.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Goatilocks

Comic book fans are the same as fans of anything, be it a genre of music, pigeon-racing or train-spotters. And with it comes an interest in all aspects of said hobby; from the creators (writers/artists, etc) to what DC or Marvel are doing in 12-months time.

Fairly bleedin' obvious, I thought.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 24 February, 2010, 01:39:47 PM
Quote from: Mikey on 24 February, 2010, 12:38:51 PM
I don't think Gordon is referring to you TS...maybe he's suggesting someone who comes to a comic based messageboard and questions why people are fans of comics isn't really playing the same game as us?

M.

I did not question why people are fans of comics I was asking why people absoses over certain artistes or writers.

I abscess over certain 2000ad artists because their work is beautiful to look at.

I love their work.Simple as that.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm going to start collecting them and locking them down my cellar, only the ones I like mind you. It would be daft to try and collect them all ;)

TordelBack

mogzilla

i personally will give any story a chance if it has good art but not the other way round (dont mean i'll like it or carry on reading.....with the exception of dredd)

for me comics is good art and can make or break a story...fer instance would judge death lives be as good if jamie hewlitt had done it ?

i like mike mignola as a writer and would probably like bprd if i could get round my personal dislike of guy davis' art on it. but again thats just me ,everyone has different tastes and it'd be a bloody sad world if we all liked the same stuff (except bus spotters...why? )

As to the mention of the word stalker i'm surprised scojo hasnt reared his ugly little head or indeed the tony lee poo gate scandal that was the flip side of comic stalker hood...

and Gordon ,i dont think hes a troll ...a puppy maybe... ;)

HdE

Quote from: Goatilocks on 24 February, 2010, 02:22:06 PM
Comic book fans are the same as fans of anything, be it a genre of music, pigeon-racing or train-spotters. And with it comes an interest in all aspects of said hobby; from the creators (writers/artists, etc) to what DC or Marvel are doing in 12-months time.

Fairly bleedin' obvious, I thought.

Ah, not necessarily. I've known a few folks who were well into their hobbies and pasttimes, but never got into the nitty gritty to any great depth.

Where comics fans are concerned, I'm consistently impressed with how clueless some so-called fans are when it comes to who wrote this and who drew that. It's enough for some folks to just get their regular comics fix.

Some peole are just into things to different degrees, I guess.

I mean, I know plenty of folks who like the same bands as me - but they can't say why. If I'm asked, I can get into a very complex conversation about harmony , melody, percussion, approach, hairstyles, etc.

Oh, and eggs.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

mogzilla

scrambled or fried? me ,i prefer a fry but will indulge in a good plate of proper scrambled eggs the way gran used to make them (no microwaves!) the secret is to add a bit of milk in the pan at the last minute to make an eggy milky liqor! hot burnt buttered toast away!    i'm peckish now.

HdE

Aw man, and the texture of a nicely fried egg when it's just out of the pan, drained of excess cooking fat, no burnt crispy edges... Oh! That's a beautiful thing!  ;)

mogzilla

nothing beats a fried egg butty with hp sauce and cheese slices...

...and getting back on topic afetr seeing the pages for the upcoming guy davies art on megazine dredd i may have to eat my humble pie...looking gooood.

HdE

staticgirl

HdE

Quote from: johnnystress on 25 February, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
shame it's all ova

Bwahahahahaa!

And off the back of that, I gotta share this:

I was in a music store once, when a guy came in and asked for assistance sourcing a certain brand of guitar.

'Sure' said the assistant. What make is it you're after?

Now, I'm pretty sure the customer wanted an Ovation guitar, one of the fancy acoustics with the lyrachord plastic back-bowl. But what he said was: 'It's an Ovulation guitar I'm after.'

To which he assistant replied ' Erm, we're out of stock'

'When will you have them in again?' asked the punter.

'In about a month' Said the assistant, with a knowing smirk.