Main Menu

I don't understand something about comic fans

Started by Cyberleader2000, 22 February, 2010, 01:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: mogzilla on 24 February, 2010, 10:11:52 PM
nothing beats a fried egg butty with hp sauce and cheese slices...
Just the thought of putting sauce on a fried egg makes me retch.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 February, 2010, 09:46:39 PM

Bacon, egg, tomato sauce, in a cob. No finer food known to man.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Cosh on 25 February, 2010, 09:46:39 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 24 February, 2010, 10:11:52 PM
nothing beats a fried egg butty with hp sauce and cheese slices...

The same thing happens if i think of scrambled eggs or egg mayonnaise.

:sick: :sick:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 February, 2010, 11:06:17 PMBacon, egg, tomato sauce, in a cob. No finer food known to man.
Fuckin' A! Gotta be crispy bacon though, can't be any of that underdone chewy rind crap.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Kerrin on 25 February, 2010, 11:15:30 PM
Fuckin' A!

I must have had this rant before, but I have this serious issue with people who slag off English food ... I'm fairly broad-minded in my eating habits and I do love me some Indian, some Chinese, some Turkish, some Polish cuisine.

But ... if we're talking last meals, then the Full English Breakfast, the Sunday Roast and the Chip Supper would all make the list before a curry, and that's before we even start to consider the less fashionable delights of English cuisine, like the Steak & Kidhey pudding, or Liver and Bacon ...

Fuck it! I'm all hungry now!

Cheers

Jim

Peter Wolf

|If we are talking last meals mine would have to be a burger and fries  and onion rings and salad with garlic mayonnaise ,cheese and all the relishes.It would have to be ground steak and preferably flame cooked and preferably 3 half pounders.

I am making myself hungry now as well.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Kerrin on 25 February, 2010, 11:15:30 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 February, 2010, 11:06:17 PMBacon, egg, tomato sauce, in a cob. No finer food known to man.
Fuckin' A! Gotta be crispy bacon though, can't be any of that underdone chewy rind crap.
Two wrongs don't make a right: I basically turn the pan up as high as it goes, chuck the bacon in, turn it over then whip it onto the piece. Maybe thirty seconds cooking if it's lucky.

All those ingredients on the roll are fine but no sauce as the egg yolk provides sufficient moisture. I wont even allow beans on the breakfast plate unless I know their juice can be kept from encroaching on the egg.
We never really die.

COMMANDO FORCES

Did you know, a full English breakfast is the thing that helped the Brits win The Great War and WWII.
The French were overrun in the morning attacks by the Germans as a croissant and coffee do not fill you up and give you much energy. The Germans eat like us so went to war full and could keep going.
Did you know that 'blitzkrieg' means filling breakfast and thus the Germans employed that method to beat the French.
Then they met us with our Bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, Beans, blackpudding, etc... and they had met their superior breakfast eaters. The outcome was inevitable, a victory for the Full English.
You tell that to the youth of today and they won't believe you  ::)

Tiplodocus

Fuck no.  You gotta have beans. Preferably with some onion and mushroom in 'em as well.

Nothing finer (" 'cept maybe the Indy 500") than dipping a bit of toast into your egg yolk and bean juice.

Sod the bacon though. (Veggie)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

Mushrooms? Tomato sauce? You can fuck right off with them.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Mikey

Beans and mushrooms are optional, but are a great addition make no mistake. A fine alternative to sausages is vegetable roll - sausage meat with veg in, in a mini buger type shape - which positively requires beans.

And what the hell are tatty scones? It's tattie bread your after!

Fried tomato can fuck right off.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mikey on 26 February, 2010, 10:46:01 AM
Fried tomato can fuck right off.

A more pointless culinary affection is hard to think of ...

Cheers!

Jim

Peter Wolf

You dont want too many fried breakfasts as they are full of cholestorol but you probably know this already.You would be much better off having a bowl of Muesli.

I will probably be flamed for saying that !

I dont really like fried English breakfasts much myself partly because i dont like baked beans , bacon , or fried eggs.I would rather have a couple of sausage sandwiches myself anyday with fried onions and ketchup and mustard.

Fried tomatos though.What is the point of that ?they just disintegrate into mush.You are better off grilling them.

Mikey

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 26 February, 2010, 12:42:47 PM
You would be much better off having a bowl of Muesli.

Careful Peter - you'll end up reading the Grauniad and wearing sandals if you keep that up  :D

In connection with CF's post about the Germans; I can't remember what name they give it, but when in Austria I had a bowl of museli for breakfast. It had the usual oats, raisins etc but was mixed with honey, cream and syrup and stuck to the spoon something wild. I couldn't fucking move after that one. It was delicious!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.