Main Menu

I don't understand something about comic fans

Started by Cyberleader2000, 22 February, 2010, 01:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

You can still buy a fender strat made in the US.  They're just uber pricey.  Which always struck me as mad as their construction method is BASED upon modularity and attempting to make a cheap guitar to undercut the likes of Gibson, Gretsch etc....

I'm in agreement with Fester.  I'd not pay for a Yank strat even if they were the same price.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Looks like i was talking rubbish buts its difficult to be infallible all the time.

For the record Johnny Marr is a genius who never quite lived up to his full potential but if you had already been the songwriter/guitarist in The Smiths and produced a body of work THAT good then it doesnt really matter.He was actually saying once that he was trying to recreate the guitar on the intro of How Soon Is Now but couldnt which is like saying that Johnny Marr was better than himself  :lol: because there is no one else that can play guitar like that.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

Johnny Marr - my favourite guitar player.  The end.

HdE

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 03 March, 2010, 06:55:56 PM
Looks like i was talking rubbish buts its difficult to be infallible all the time.

I know - I've been wrong twice this week!

For the record, an anecdote:

A friend brought an American Fender Strat standard to my home once where we A-B'd it with my Mexican Stratocaster.

The difference in performance was negligable at sensible studio levels. I'd say either instrument would be fine for light gigging. The American Standard had a very slight edge in treble response, but that was about all we could notice.

They were both really tidy little instruments.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Mike Gloady

For MOST people's needs, there's no reason to buy an American Strat except for the added muso-nerd value of crowing about it. 

Bear in mind such crowing will invariably have folks like me thinking "more money than sense".  Those custom shop things (and I speak as someone who's SOLD a few) - now THEY are just ridiculous. 

HdE

Ridiculous AND butt-ugly, in more than a few instances.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Mike Gloady

Agreed.

Who the hell would buy a signature model?  It's not going to turn you into Hendrix/Clapton/Whoever.  And the pre-beaten-up ones?  Give me bloody strength.

Tanky

Quote from: staticgirl on 03 March, 2010, 04:54:13 PM
I have two shades of purple in my hair and I am wearing an AXECOP T-shirt which says - FREEZE OR I'LL CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF! 

And I think I look rather fantastic today, actually. :)

Do you (or anyone else) by any chance know of anywhere I can get manic panic dye in the UK? I have run out of UV purple and am starting to go a bit... 'blue rinsy' :-\

nev

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 22 February, 2010, 01:28:56 AM
why people gets so obsessed to the point where they seam to follow what those people like stalkers.
You should have seen me in chat on Wednesday. I was so damn smooth.