Main Menu

A question just for fun...

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 31 March, 2010, 02:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

OK folks... Dose your mind wanderwhen you read about the chareters in 2000 AD? Do you ever concider where they have hobbies and intrests?

Do you think that Durham Red sits back reading corny romanic fiction novels and celeberty magazines?

Dose Rouge Trooper secertly harbour an ambition to be a hair dresser?

Dose Judge Armatige secretly have Brit Cits largest collection of Pokemon toys.

Am I the only person with such daft thoughts?

The Doctor Alt 8

Minkyboy

I always loved the story where Dredd has a bath in his apartment in Rowdy Yates, and you get the impression it is the first personal time he has taken since the Apocalypse War! You can almost feel his aching bones and the weariness as he lets himself relax a tiny bit for once.
When the two Bozo's try and break in and he radios it into control instead of getting up himself...just brilliant.

I reckon that was probably the last time he relaxed as well.

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

satchmo

I do it all the time, it's just how I roll :)
I've always loved "downtime" issues of comics, like seeing The New Mutants sitting around watching Magnum PI on the telly and stuff...
I do spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about what Dredd is thinking about, if you know what I mean.

TordelBack

Hmmm, just pondering Dredd's 'free' time, and I stumbled across a great idea for a Lost Case -  the writing of the Comportment!  When did he do it, eh?  Surely not all in one go sabbatical-fashion, so I imagine him tipping it away on it at quiet moments during his early (post-2099) career - while on the shuttle to Luna-1, around a campfire in the Cursed Earth, between planets on Justice-1, waiting in ambush for a Sov Radsweeper etc., moments all rendered in the appropriate art style with relevant action going on in the bcakground.  Well I'd love to see it, put it that way.

Mike Gloady

Oddly so would I. 

Dredd as best-seller writer.  Admittedly only a best-seller among cadets and judges though.  I can just see the title sequence to "Murder, she Wrote" but with Joe in the Angela Lansbury role and with the title "The Comportment of a Judge, he Typed"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Goatilocks

Before he was killed, I always imagined Wulf Sternhammer as this burley bar-fly, arm-wrestling for credits with several giggling whores on his lap, bar-fighting any and all ("You spill my pint, ya?!") and drinking himself into oblivion.

Lying in a pool of his own vomit, his beard tacky with blood, alcohol and other bodily fluids he chastises Johnny, saying "Ack, Johnny, you should enjoy vour time off ..."

In the background, Alpha shakes his head, sips his tea and murmurs "Crazy Viking bastard ..." 

Mike Gloady

I'm always holding out for the Sternhammer/Hagar the Horrible crossover I just know isn't going to happen. 

Lots of that sort of thing I reckon.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever