Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 August, 2019, 11:47:51 AM
I heard this crazy outlandish wildly bizarre theory that he may have killed himself, rather than face justice.

I'm sure he did and no one was around to stop him.

Tjm86

I don't what is most disturbing about the tin-foil hat brigade today, the fact that some of the conspiracies floating around are so bat-shit crazy or that they count Trump among their number.

:o

Professor Bear

Here's another conspiracy theory to keep the fun going: batshit conspiracy theories abounding to muddy the waters is a textbook example of the dead cat strategy.

Smith

I never thought I would actually say this, but apparently Prince Andrew molested children with a puppet.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: radiator on 07 August, 2019, 05:07:50 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 August, 2019, 12:54:28 PM
Yeah, I very much get the impression that if you're a white person visiting the US you're in a much better position than someone of latin descent who was born there, in terms of attitudes towards you. It's not about immigration, it's about race.

Coming back to the whole situation where democracy currently seems to be ruled by the right wing in the UK and in the US,  I take it you've all seen 'the Great Hack' on Netflix?

If it's a TL:DR kind of show, try this TEDtalk from Carole Cadwalladr, and you'll get a flavour of it:

https://www.ted.com/talks/carole_cadwalladr_facebook_s_role_in_brexit_and_the_threat_to_democracy?language=en

(apologies if this is old news)

Basically, democracy is dead in the water.

It's bad, but at least it's not as bad as whats currently going down in Brazil. This was all news to me, and genuinely shocking. Essentially, a righteous crusade against entrenched public sector corruption has slowly been revealed to have been cover for what amounts to a whole scale far right coup. Scary stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Car_Wash

Entire story covered here, starting at around the 4min mark:

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/336-neom-2049-feat-glenn-greenwald-72919

Bloody hell - that is a crazy tale of corruption and counter-corruption on such an enormous scale!!!

Theblazeuk

Professor Bear

I'm not entirely sure that 32 instances of proof that the prison system is utterly corrupt and guards act with sometimes-criminal impunity without fear of reprisal is going to make conspiracy theories go away.

Tjm86

Trump seems to be pushing the 'look at the Clintons' line quite strongly.  This from a man that is on record as lauding Epstein, is in numerous photos at social events with the man and has a track record of sexual predation.

Not to mention that he has had to blink in his stand off with China, Iran is quite literally pushing the boat out and North Korea has gone back to trying to set the world on fire.

Whether it is gaslighting, deadcatting or redpilling, it is the sort of thing that made the likes of 24 completely unbelievable back in the day.  (Ironically my wife is currently watching the 24-lite series 'Designated Survivor' which I gave up on a while back as ludicrous with its 'crisis of the minute' approach ... )

JayzusB.Christ

The madness continues. First Trump successfully persuades Israel to refuse entry to two US Muslim congresswomen. Then he says he wants to buy Greenland.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2019, 09:43:36 AM
The madness continues. First Trump successfully persuades Israel to refuse entry to two US Muslim congresswomen. Then he says he wants to buy Greenland.

Trump tells one of them to "go home" ... and then tells the country that he's told her to go home to, to refuse her entry.

You couldn't make it up!

Funt Solo

He's a wannabe Hitler: the only saving grace is that he doesn't have the military behind him (despite being their CIC).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

von Boom

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 August, 2019, 05:36:57 PM
He's a wannabe Hitler: the only saving grace is that he doesn't have the military behind him (despite being their CIC).
Just wait until his second term.  ::)

IndigoPrime

Tjm86

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2019, 09:43:36 AM
.... Then he says he wants to buy Greenland.

D'you think it's possible he got confused because so many UK politicians are falling over themselves to flog off bits of the UK to him?