Main Menu

Anderson in the new Dredd movie

Started by Mr Jolly, 03 September, 2010, 05:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Me, I don't even care whether her hair is blonde or not.  She doesn't look like Anderson, but she has exactly the same nice, genuine smile and if she's a good actress she'll do the job. 

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

minus

She looks as much like Anderson as whoever it is they've chosen, looks like Dredd. Both not perfect visual choices... but the budget only goes so far I guess. Must be something to do with Tharg and his ever increasing polystyrene cup habit perhaps.

JayzusB.Christ

She has a slight Latino look, and therefore shouldn't dye her hair blonde, because all Latino women with blonde hair are prostitutes. [/mouthy old has-been]
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Quote from: minus on 06 September, 2010, 02:53:23 PM
She looks as much like Anderson as whoever it is they've chosen, looks like Dredd. Both not perfect visual choices... but the budget only goes so far I guess.

Budget does not dictate physical charateristics. It has nothing to do with budget at all.

minus

Ah, very true... They could always book into the New You face change clinic of Otto Le Sump

Mardroid

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 06 September, 2010, 02:56:55 PM
She has a slight Latino look, and therefore shouldn't dye her hair blonde, because all Latino women with blonde hair are prostitutes. [/mouthy old has-been]

Except I thought she blonded quite well in the picture above.

I know what you mean. (Well not the prostitute bit that's unkind.) I always thought Jessica Alba looked wrong as The Invisible Woman with blond hair, although she looks terrific in her own hair colouring. (Actually she looks good, whatever, just not *as* good but the look was wrong for that particular character.) This girl is just light enough to pull it off.

Noisybast

If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not), JBC was paraphrasing misogynistic ex-Marvel legend and general misanthropic curmudgeon John Byrne.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Noisybast on 06 September, 2010, 06:34:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken (and I'm not), JBC was paraphrasing misogynistic ex-Marvel legend and general misanthropic curmudgeon John Byrne.

:lol:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteIf I'm not mistaken (and I'm not), JBC was paraphrasing misogynistic ex-Marvel legend and general misanthropic curmudgeon John Byrne.

You are not not unmistaken.

Hoagy

Those eyes nose and mouth are very Boo Cook, Anderson.

Anderson, the rookie, may have very short hair.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

mygrimmbrother

I'm reserving judgement until I watch Juno again, but my gut reaction is she'll do absolutely fine.

LARF

Hmmf.

Don't know where you lot got those pictures from but I just did a Google image search and found this:

I think she looks like a young Peter Kay, completely inappropriate!