Main Menu

Vanguard Issue 1 - available now!!!!!

Started by Van Dom, 07 July, 2011, 09:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Got my copy yesterday (cheers Van Dom!), haven't had a chance to give it the attention it fully deserves, but on a first skim through, I'm mighty impressed. Gorgeous art, mad stories, lots of variety in both the visuals and the story-telling styles, and really professional-looking. Lovely stuff - congrats to all involved! Proper in-depth review to follow when I've had a proper, intensive read-through. (Favourite at present is the Gryphon story though.) For any other boarders yet to commit though, it's worth yer time and cash, folks, for the cover alone.

Van Dom

Thanks Filip and Greg!
Glad you liked it. I'm getting a pretty positive response so far, which is definately good ...and, from the artists point of view, very much deserved.
Here's a couple of panels from Halo and the Gryphon, by Louis Carter.
See what I mean? Awesome!

More previews to come.

Go on, take the plunge, give us a chance to impress you!:)

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mike Carroll

A thoroughly enjoyable comic, I thought - some cracking ideas in there (and some truly excellent logos, of course!)

Well worth a purchase!

-- Mike

maryanddavid

Just had a chance to read this over the last night, great fun comic.
All the contributors are from this parish too, well worth the couple of quid if you havent bought it yet.

David

Van Dom

Cheers Mike and David - we all really appreciate the support and kind words! :)

Here's another couple of preview panels. This is from Atomic Call, a James Bond/Modesty Blaise type spy thriller (owing a lot to tv spy show Burn Notice) with a sci-fi element (which appears initially in the form of a super-duper atomic transference enabled mobile phone type gizmo, but will later on develop into so much  more as the origin of said atomic transference enabled mobile phone type gizmo is revealed!) :)

Art on this one is by David Blankley (conceptboy on the forum).

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Daveycandlish

Finally got to sit down and read my copy and there are some cracking opening episodes in there - my personal favourite being the Gryphon story.
Great stuff - can't wait to read issue 2

If you haven't got a copy yet - what are you waiting for?!!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Van Dom

Thanks Davey, coming from the Mastermind behind Paragon, those compliments are mighty pleasing to my ears! :)

The comic got a nice little write-up on Down the Tubes here

And a nice little review on ECBT 2000ad here

Below is the last preview I'll be posting from this issue, this is from part 1 of myself and Owen Watts' retro-styled "animal horror" tale "Mammoth-Jack". As a friend of mine recently commented - "it's the Snake Plissken of Donkeys!" :)

I can say that this little 'experiment' of mine has proven to be a success and so Issue 2 is now officially a Go! Artists' schedules permitting I hope to get it ready by the end of the year. And the good news is the mystery thriller I am working on with Professor Byah will definately be appearing in this one!

Thanks for the support so far guys. Still need more though so for anybody still sitting on the fence over this ---- its on fire!!! Get off it!!!!! :)

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

mygrimmbrother

Guys I've just sent you some dollars via paypal - now where's me friggin' comic??  ;)

judda fett

Got mine t'other day, always a happy day recieving comics in the post- well done Vanguardians, good job!

Van Dom

Thanks MGB - get that in the post for you today.
And cheers Judge Fett --- Vanguardians!!! I love it!!! :)

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ghostpockets

Dudley Do-Right shoved this through my post-hole t'other day with a perfect crease down the middle of the envelope right where it said "DO NOT BEND". Classic. Fortunately the excitement over the contents of said envelope soon made me forget this minor irritation. Mr Van Dom has put together a beautiful little package here, truly there is something for everybeing here... lest that being be a thrillsucker that is! Special commendation must go to that Louis Carter character, this guy makes mind-blowing comics and is also a good source for your RDA of stippling. Seriously the man is a master of rendering.

Oh, and there is also some work in there by a fox creature whom I highly approve of.

DONKEYS!

Cthulouis

So, tonight there was a work do wherein I paid for none of the booze that I drank. Therefore, I shall probably regret posting this in the morning, but: what does RDA mean?

Cthulouis

it means recommended daily allowance doesn't it? Never mind, nothing to see here....

Emperor

Got my copy today and it looks spiffy, I'll hopefully make a start on it tonight if I don't collapse into a heap because of lack of sleep caused by weird dreams (do we have a weird dreams thread?). And thanks for the little note DVD - I've stuck it on the inside cover for posterity's sake ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ghostpockets

RDA stands for Really. Delightful. Artworkz.