Main Menu

All we are saying, is give scojo a chance.

Started by JimBob, 17 December, 2002, 05:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanman

I have it on good authority that scojo would listen to any constructive comments and adapt his work accordingly. I think his egotistical days are far behind him. In fact I have reason to believe he'd like Rebellion to reconsider his scripts as he feels the Shoreline scripts may not live up to expectation.

I think he's sorry for any infantile remarks he may have made to Rebellion in the past.

He also wants to write a Strontium Dog screenplay, but I think he's pushing his luck there. I dunno, some people just won't take no for an answer...

Bit of a twat if you ask me.

Quirkafleeg

"Fear me for I am Death... watch as I scarily throw a grenade at you... oh bugger it was very ssssimilar lassss sssshield projecting ball thing... I guesssss thatssss me royally sssscrewed..."

btw is las future slang for dustbin?

Oddboy

I hope you're right Fanman.
Here's to the future.
Better set your phaser to stun.

petemaskreplica

Matt

The shield and grenade are a bit wanky ideas though aren't they? Why not give him a little flying saucer as well so he can whizz around like the mekon.

Oddboy

All villians are easily disposed if you put it like that - you don't have to give them crappy weoponry to cover there asses (or not if it's just upper body).

The '95 Sly movie:
Mean Machine gets shot with Armour Piercing through the head in the first scene.
Rico & his clones get killed with a HiEx shot in the second.
Joe ****s Hershey in the 3rd scene.
Roll credits.

Quirkafleeg

Flying saucer! Get out of here... Death drives a big-ass monster truck (with caravan now as well... apparently)

And I think he needs a side-kick pet... the death-dog, Bones.

Oddboy

He had a doggie in Boyhood of a Superfiend...

fanman

Scojo's Possession is interesting. Death has a shield. Judges cannot defeat Death.

But later on Dredd realises Death is vulnerable without his shield and....

See, there is a logical cause and effect process involved. Once Death is without his weapons, his body is destroyed. Then Death embarks on his sinister plan to kill the entire population of MC1.

So with respect Matt, I believe the shield works because Dredd and co have to find a way to deactive it before they can eliminate Death. The script seems to make sense to me and the weapons are not merely a gimmick. It's a key component of the plot. As Dredd says to Anderson:

DREDD
We haven't the time anyway. We have to stop Death before he escapes again. Destroy his teleporter and he's trapped! Leave her Anderson!

Plus it comes as more of a shock when the judges finally see Death rising form his body. They thought he was dead!

Edited form:

DREDD (CONT'D)
What devilment is this?

Death laughs chillingly.

JUDGE DEATH
Foolsss. You think I am bound by mere flesh and bone?

What are you? Why are you doing this? What is it you want?

JUDGE DEATH
You need to ask? Are you ass mired in ignorance ass you are sssteeped in sssin?

Death circles above the skedway. Judges look up.

JUDGE DEATH (CONT'D)
My world was once like yoursss. Rich in life but corrupt, lawless, sssinful...beyond redemption. Until we ssaw the error of our ssinful ways. All crime was committed by the living. The sssolution was ssimple. Life itself wasss declared illegal. And none would escape judgement. Sso we judged our world, far and wide, until none drew breath. No sssin, no crime, no life.

DREDD
That's an obscenity!

JUDGE DEATH
You dare to judge me? You and your kind, sso corrupt, festering in ssuch carnal ssin? This world sshall be judged too, for itsss crime. The crime of life.

DREDD
Life is not a crime!

Judge Death laughs.

JUDGE DEATH
Oh but it isss, disbeliever. Only when life ceasess to be, can there be true equality for all. The burden of sssin gone forever. The ssoul pure.

Oddboy

++BLOWN IT++

Wake can we add this one to the banned box now?

Slippery PD

I claim my prize!!!  

Et tu Sc*j*?!?!?!?

I dont think the sheild works and the grenades definatley do not.

-Yer Slippo

Wake

Given that you are using Scojo's computer from Scojo's IP address and have now made an extended quote from his script, the goodwill period is now over.

Wake

DavidXBrunt

Quirkafleeg

So that was about 36 hrs? Next time I suggest a sweep for how long he lasts.

Nice one Matt for the the killer, provoke him into blowing up, one liner. Wanky indeed.

Matt Timson

Pffft...