Main Menu

Which 2000AD stories you would like back again?

Started by Goaty, 04 August, 2012, 02:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Another vote for Lobster Random. It was surprisingly enjoyable and I love Carl's art.

Armoured Gideon would be nice

I always wanted Luke Kirby to continue, that was one of my favourites and I love Ridgeway and Parkhouse as artists. Alas that's unlikely to happen.

It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

COMMANDO FORCES

I'd like to see Dan Dare finish his job with that Cosmic Claw but that ain't gonna happen!

Colin YNWA

One from the dim and distant past but I'd love to see more stories set around 'Tribal Memories', really like this short but wonderful four parter by Milligan and 'Riot'. I know other people disagree but I think there's more to be told.

And yes more Lobster Random please.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 August, 2012, 01:32:20 PM
'Whatever happened to...'

Good suggestion, I liked those.  Whatever happened to whatever happened to stories?

Skullmo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 August, 2012, 02:14:39 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 06 August, 2012, 01:32:20 PM
'Whatever happened to...'

Good suggestion, I liked those.  Whatever happened to whatever happened to stories?

The Tweak one was brilliant, the Giant one was quite good. The Maria one was annoying

darnmarr

WhizzBang

Professor Bear

More Space Girls, Simping Detective and Valkyries, please.

Mudcrab

Obvious vote for the Lobster from me.

More Caballistics Inc. for sure, I did laugh/cringe a lot at this week's P14  :lol:

As for sports, I'd like some Mean Arena! Richard Elson on art please  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Frank

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 August, 2012, 12:39:13 PM
One from the dim and distant past but I'd love to see more stories set around 'Tribal Memories', really like this short but wonderful four parter by Milligan and 'Riot'. I know other people disagree but I think there's more to be told.

I enjoyed that story too, but it seemed fairly self-contained to me. Milligan seems too lucratively engaged elsewhere to be tempted back into Tharg's arms anyway, but I'd love to see more of Tony Wright (Riot) in 2000ad. His work with Brendan McCarthy was extraordinary.

COP RIOT

james newell

Quote from: Trout on 04 August, 2012, 05:16:32 PM
Quote from: jmean on 04 August, 2012, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: Trout on 04 August, 2012, 03:13:28 PM
Quote from: jmean on 04 August, 2012, 02:52:32 PM
Rogue Trooper, the original, Friday or even a new reboot i dont mind.

j

They tried that. It wasn't very good. Sorry to all involved, but... yeah.

yes maybe your right, "The lesson is 'never try'" --Homer Simpson

:)
They did. I suspect the character ran its course when he caught the one-armed man - er, I mean the Traitor General.

The return of GFD at Christmas was pretty good, but (just IMO) there's not much life left in Rogue.

i think all any character needs is a good story (good writer) , swamp thing had run its course when alan moore took it on, pat mills brought back Savage and it is amazing, Zenith is a super hero, in 2000ad of all places who would have thought that could ever happen, it the story's that make us care about the character.

well that how i would see it working anyway.

j

james newell

oh! & more Dandridge with Alec Worley & Warren Pleece, i think that was a really lively, witty series so far.
j

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: jmean on 06 August, 2012, 08:29:12 PM
oh! & more Dandridge with Alec Worley & Warren Pleece, i think that was a really lively, witty series so far.
j

Absolutly. Haven't seen Dandridge since Prog 2012, so he's well overdue another outing.