Main Menu

Game of Thrones - Season 3

Started by radiator, 02 April, 2013, 01:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 04 June, 2013, 11:13:59 PM
I'm annoyed John Snow just rode off, did he not actually love that redhead then?

They won't kill Ygritte unless she forces them to. She won't fight them unless they try to kill Jon Snow. If Jon Snow isn't there, they can't try to kill him.

Him and Ygritte can't take them all by themselves, even with a dire wolf randomly appearing on their side. It's not just duty that makes him run, it's caring too....

If you want true-love-conquers-the-odds, Disney make cracking movies :)

Dodsy

This thread is starting to get way to confussing with whos only seen the show, whos only read the book and whos done both (like myself).
It's getting harder to speculat about what I think is going to happen in the show without giving away stuff I KNOW is going to happen in the show without spoiling it for people.

Like for instance the bit where [spoiler]Only teasing, curious to know who clicked on here though lol[/spoiler]
Twitter - @dodsy84

Theblazeuk

In another forum, we basically take it as read that if you are in the thread, you've seen the latest episode. All spoilers are therefore book spoilers.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 05 June, 2013, 11:47:27 AM
I'm annoyed John Snow just rode off, did he not actually love that redhead then?

They won't kill Ygritte unless she forces them to. She won't fight them unless they try to kill Jon Snow. If Jon Snow isn't there, they can't try to kill him.

Him and Ygritte can't take them all by themselves, even with a dire wolf randomly appearing on their side. It's not just duty that makes him run, it's caring too....

Haha  :lol:

yeah but there was only one guy left was there not? And with a wolf (or was it two?) on your side should have been easy enough to finish the fight.

Oh well.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Also why didn't he just grab her when he was on the horse?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 05 June, 2013, 11:47:27 AM

The wolves didn't turn up at random- they were Bran and Rickon's.

radiator

Yeah, but from Jon Snow's perspective they were random. Doubt he even recognised them.

radiator

Again, speculating here, but as much as I hate Littlefinger for his treachery, general douchebaggery, appalling accent and scenery-chewing, it's worth remembering that he has recently vastly expanded his powerbase - winning Harrenhal and it's lands, and he [spoiler]had genuine love and affection for Catelyn since childhood. So what I'm saying is I hope he bloody well tears Roose Bolton and Walder Frey a new one, especially as there's now little prospect of any kind of Stark reprisal any time soon.[/spoiler]

On a side note, what makes the [spoiler]Red Wedding massacre[/spoiler] even sadder is that pretty much [spoiler]Robb's entire entourage died as well, including named characters like Greatjohn Umber - played so memorably in series 1 by Clive Mantle.[/spoiler]

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: radiator on 05 June, 2013, 03:47:04 PM
Again, speculating here, but as much as I hate Littlefinger for his treachery, general douchebaggery, appalling accent and scenery-chewing, it's worth remembering that he has recently vastly expanded his powerbase - winning Harrenhal and it's lands, and he [spoiler]had genuine love and affection for Catelyn since childhood. So what I'm saying is I hope he bloody well tears Roose Bolton and Walder Frey a new one, especially as there's now little prospect of any kind of Stark reprisal any time soon.[/spoiler]

On a side note, what makes the [spoiler]Red Wedding massacre[/spoiler] even sadder is that pretty much [spoiler]Robb's entire entourage died as well, including named characters like Greatjohn Umber - played so memorably in series 1 by Clive Mantle.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Greatjohn Umber[/spoiler] wasn't at the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Theblazeuk

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 05 June, 2013, 03:16:51 PM
yeah but there was only one guy left was there not? And with a wolf (or was it two?) on your side should have been easy enough to finish the fight.

There was like 20 of them in the attack on the farm.

radiator

Perhaps it wasn't made clear in the TV show, but there were [spoiler]hundreds of Stark men camped outside the castle who were slaughtered too[/spoiler], and regardless, the book (the publisher were letting people read the relevant chapter online for free the other day) makes it explicit that [spoiler]he dies in the massacre, along with a great many other supporting characters that are in the book but not the TV show. The Starks are pretty much finished as a noble house and political power at this point.[/spoiler]

radiator

Apparently The Metro newspaper today printed a massive spoiler for the most recent episode on page 3, in what was definitely not a desperate ploy to get some publicity.

Twats.

Keef Monkey

Yeah, I'd been avoiding this thread and most conversation about it for fear of spoilers, turn to page 3 of the Metro and there's a full page picture of said events and a big spoilery headline. Gutted.

Perhaps worse, they had such a backlash that they printed a follow-up story the next day, which basically amounted to "It had been on telly already so it was ok, it's your own fault if you hadn't seen it and you're a bit of a sad no-life if you care that much anyway".

The spoilery article in question actually said this when mentioning the ratings:

"The ratings are strong for Sky Atlantic, but fail to take into account the thousands more who recorded the episode or will watch it online at a later date."

Funny, Metro didn't seem to give a toss about those people either.

COMMANDO FORCES

Good job I'm watching part 10 at this very moment, so I don't get it spoilt. By the way, it's thrilling :D

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 05 June, 2013, 04:45:02 PM
Perhaps it wasn't made clear in the TV show, but there were [spoiler]hundreds of Stark men camped outside the castle who were slaughtered too[/spoiler], and regardless, the book (the publisher were letting people read the relevant chapter online for free the other day) makes it explicit that [spoiler]he dies in the massacre, along with a great many other supporting characters that are in the book but not the TV show.[/spoiler]

I can only speak for the books, but [spoiler]the Great Jon isn't killed at the wedding, though the Small Jon is. He's taken into captivity by the Freys along with numerous others to use as hostages.[/spoiler]
@jamesfeistdraws