Main Menu

The Christmas List thread

Started by JamesC, 02 December, 2014, 01:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

I don't think we've had one of these this year yet.

What are people asking Santa for this Christmas?

Comics wise I'm hoping for any of Brubaker/Phillips Criminal tpbs. I've only recently discovered these after loaning one from the library - really good stuff. I'm also after the new Grandville book and some expansions for the X-Wing miniatures game.

That's about it - I'll probably end up with socks and pants.

Mind you, I always buy myself a present, so I'll have one of these baby's under the tree too:

Dark Jimbo

Really hoping that the Daily Dredds collection is under the tree. I could have just bought it for myself last month of course, but it seemed like a bit of an 'event' book - exactly the sort that should wait for Christmas Day!
@jamesfeistdraws

Mattofthespurs

I'd like to say a prayer and drink to World peace.

Theblazeuk

I will do the same.

Whilst reading the collected editions of Locke & Key, I hope.

radiator

To make you all feel shallow and materialistic, the present I'm looking forward to is coming home to England for the first time since we moved abroad almost 9 months ago, seeing all my friends and family and getting to meet my 6 month old nephew for the first time.

Well, that and I'd also like a new prime lens for my Fuji camera.

And maybe a bottle of nice whiskey.

And some nice whiskey tumblers.

And maybe Marvelman book 2.

I'm actually more excited about what I'm getting for everyone else - I have done shit hot Christmas shopping this year. Got a quad copter camera drone for my girlfriend which she has no idea about and will love:

Also managed to get her an iPad Air 2 ($100 off in the Black Friday sales) which I'm very excited about because it means I can finally reclaim my own iPad (which she always hogs) from her so I can read digital comics again!

Banners

Blimey. Can I be your girlfriend?

radiator

Heh. Apple goods are much cheaper over here, and with the Black Friday discount the iPad was almost half what it would have cost in the UK.

Drone was also on sale - got it for just over £30.

As I said, shit-hot!